Lance Henriksen Movie News

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi guys,

Just I couple of updates I have found on the web. Around a week or so ago it was reported that Automaton Transfusion director Steven C. Miller was readying a new project for After Dark Films called Scream of the Banshee. Well rumour has it that Lance Henriksen and Lauren Holly will have roles in the movie. No one seems to know if this has been confirmed or not but it is doing the rounds on the net as we speak. I have to say I saw Automaton Transfusion and it is possibly one of the worst films I have ever seen (and that's saying something) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Steven C Miller has learned a thing or two for this next project.

A few more details about the film 'Wilderness' came out yesterday. According to bloodydisgusting.com Wilderness (starring Lance Henriksen and Sean Elliot) is a new horror film from from director Scooter Downey. In the film, when a father and son reunite for a camping trip in the Wilderness they must confront more than just their past. As the promo said, "Nightmarish creatures, ghostly apparitions, is it all in their heads, or could the truth be far more horrifying?" You can check the promo poster for this project here.

Scooter Downey is a mystery mind. Any one know anything about him? It seems to be the first thing he has writen/directed though I think he may have been an extra in something although I'm not too sure about this. A casting call went out looking for a tall dancer/acrobat type to play a supernatural creature in a Texas shoot and this was accredited to his name so I'm guessing this is for Wilderness. The film is labelled as a Student film so I wonder if it's for film school or something :confused:

Eth

The Half Naked Dude (sounds like a Ten Thirteen character we never got) was mentioned in this brief article as well. To me, it's blatantly a shop dummy, with dummy limbs being seen elsewhere in the shot. I have had a thorough scout round and no plot details have been revealed at all about this film which is unusual considering it's shooting. Maybe they are taking a leaf out of Chris Carter's book and maintaining the surprise anyhow I have ways and means of finding things lol As far as I can deduce, the film is a twelve day shoot, mainly at night and Lance is portraying a 'badass'. It seems to be set in a place called Mannequin Park and below is picture from the set confirming the mannequins in the first image above. It would seem that Lauren Holly has been cast as the Banshee. Apparently the film is being shot on a set that is reported to be haunted and Lauren mentioned on her Twitter at the end of filming yesterday that a 'crappy day was now over' which doesn't bode well :confused:

Hmmmmmmm, I'll keep my eyes peeled and see what else I can uncover, Sherlock Holmes style.

Eth

post-1185-125829349234_thumb.jpg

LOL that bad is it? Have you ever seen the movie Pin staring Terry O'Quinn and John-Pyper Ferguson (Anamnesis, The Wild And The Innocent) - there's a scene with somebody getting it on with a mannequin in that. From a Lance Henriksen movie to a Terry O'Quinn movie in one easy step. We should start a game lol

Eth