Lance Henriksen Movie News

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi folks. More news just in from "Dread Central" regarding the upcoming DVD release of "The Lost Tribe". Head on over here for news on the special features and a sneak peek at the DVD cover.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

I'm not sure what to say about the cover. It's a new idea among the previous covers and posters but do I like it? It looks a bit too much "photoshoped" (artificial) and I personally don't like to be spoiled about the creature-look on the cover if the movie shows them very late.

Sadly they don't use the old cover with Lance on it. I really like that one. But I'm also okay with the original artwork for the movie's release when it got the name Primal. That one also was the blueprint for the German DVD-cover.

If you are wondering what the Primal/The Lost Tribe-poster / our DVD-cover looks like, just check out the frontpage of my website. The yellow mask with darkness all around and the title Lost Island… That's it. And here is the link in my gallery where you can see a few stills (including a Lance-picture) and the blu-ray-cover, too.

That leads me to another question; how do you get to see Lance-movies in the UK? Do you order the code 1 DVD from the USA, wait for a UK-release or what? You should be able to play German or other european releases, as they are using code 2, right?

Thank you so much for sharing that. I really do prefer the yellow cover I wonder why they opted to change it? The new cover has a distinctly "Predator" feel to it doesn't it? In fact the creature on the cover bears very little resemblance to the image of it as seen in your gallery.

On how we get our British hands on Lance's movies well it's certainly either option will do for me. I tend to buy a lot of R1 releases anyway (most of us own region free DVD players or if we don't we've made them that way) as they usually have a better selection of extras than those than get released on R2 for some reason. Considering Lance's movies go for very small fees these days it's relatively easy to build up quite a collection quickly and I have been lucky to have found more than one of his films in my local pound shop for, well you guessed it, a pound.

Cheap as chips as we say in England. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Thank you so much for sharing that. I really do prefer the yellow cover I wonder why they opted to change it? The new cover has a distinctly "Predator" feel to it doesn't it? In fact the creature on the cover bears very little resemblance to the image of it as seen in your gallery.

You are right. It has a little Predator feel to it. But that isn't the biggest problem because I admit that the movie has some reminiscence to the Schwarzenegger-movie in the final showdown. And the creatures also have an infrared-view like the predators.

But I won't give away too much as most readers here haven't seen the movie yet. But my review contains a message like that: it's a good looking low-budget movie with creative camera-work, handmade special-effect-make-up and amazing landscape. Sadly the story isn't very inventive and Lance only has very brief moments in it. Way to little screentime, more of a cameo. But in the end it is really worth a look.

Below you can see an early poster-draft for the movie.

post-4356-061289400 1281549015_thumb.jpg

"Lance is rad," adds Miller. "Any time you get to work with the man, Bishop, he's awesome. He's one of those dudes that just comes in and kills it every time. You don't have to give him much direction at all. I talked to him on the phone before we got there, which was fun, and just kind of went over his character and what we wanted him to be. He got there, put on a wig and just knew what he was doing. He kicks in some doors, tries to blow away some Banshees like they're aliens. It's fun."

Hi folks,

A little news has been posted with relation to Lance Henriksen's "Scream of the Banshee". You can head on over to BloodyDisgusting to read all about it.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

I'm kind off interested in that simply because it doesn't pretend to be more than it is. It will be some fun to watch monster-movie for sure. And Lance said about his character that Miller wanted the role to be slightly gay. Lance respond like "Why slightly?" and appeared very feminine on set, ready to take of.

Source: "Moviestar"-Magazine interview

• 2 months later...
Guest Sidewinder

I didn't start a new topic because there is still no official word about that movie. But when they produced a trailer in order to help financing the project. And now, month later, Lance posted the following info on his facebook-page:

the shoot on "Ambushed"went really well today,we've got something....

So perhaps there is a new, very cool project coming soon?!

Thanks for sharing Sidewinder it's always great to have folks dropping by with the news they have found and we really appreciate it. I remember speaking to a few people who have worked with Lance over the years and a couple of them recounted that he had used the same line 'we've got something' with regards to their projects and they turned out to be stellar films in my opinion so I'm pretty excited about this.

I'm glad I'm not responsible for updating his IMDB page it might be easier to list what films he is not working on than those he is. :notworthy:

Eth

I didn't start a new topic because there is still no official word about that movie. But when they produced a trailer in order to help financing the project. And now, month later, Lance posted the following info on his facebook-page:

So perhaps there is a new, very cool project coming soon?!

In Tempe a couple of weeks ago at the Q&A, Lance mentioned that "Ambushed" is still looking for money. Seems they're shooting a little bit here and there.