Lance Henriksen Movie News

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Guest Sidewinder

In Tempe a couple of weeks ago at the Q&A, Lance mentioned that "Ambushed" is still looking for money. Seems they're shooting a little bit here and there.

I agree. Lance mentioned the movie in a recent interview at a convention (sorry, I forgot which one). He said he did already shoot the opening of the movie. Sounds more like "more to come when there is time and money" instead "we are continuing tomorrow". But I'm still thinking it could turn out as a great movie. Everything he said about it so far sounds cool.

Fascinating. I wonder how that works in terms of paying the actors? It must be difficult to negotiate a contract for a move that may, or may not, get completed. I'm still looking forward to "Blood Shot". To the best of my knowledge it was completed about a year ago and has struggled in post production as the investor is reneging on their pledge. I don't know when, or even if, it will see the light of day but Henriksen and Dourif on the screen together? Someone better make it happen. :whistling:

Eth

I thought the same thing myself. Here's an article from 2008 when the film was shooting and you can see Brad's 'look' in an image on the first page. Now I know it's a comedic offering but it's a tad too 'stereotypical terrorist' for my sensibilities and it does seem an odd choice to take such a big name and make him virtually unrecognisable....but......everything I have heard about this movie is stellar. I know when the poster was being designed that Dietrich kept sending it back to the designer asking for more and more changes. He has such an eye for detail and such a perfectionist streak that whatever has been committed to celluloid is bound to be brilliant. I really hope we get to see it soon.

Eth

PS On the 'poster' it is the best poster for a LH film I have seen in aeons. I love it.

Guest Sidewinder

I agree, the poster is brilliant. Not sure about the other thing ("Appaloosa" had a classic but still good poster, the German DVD-cover of "Dying God", "Seamstress" and "Dark Reel" were well done).

Well stone me. I've just seen that Lance appeared in an episode of Haven titled 'Consumed' in an uncredited role. I know some of you guys are watching this and wondered if you had managed to catch it and whether the information is correct or not. I managed to track down a review for the episode and there's no mention of Lance which I would have expected to have seen? I got the information from IMDB so I accept it may not be accurate.

It's nice to see him taking a few TV roles these days.

Eth

https://sfscope.com/2010/08/the-antiheroeshavens-consumed.html

Guest Sidewinder

Well stone me. I've just seen that Lance appeared in an episode of Haven titled 'Consumed' in an uncredited role. I know some of you guys are watching this and wondered if you had managed to catch it and whether the information is correct or not. I managed to try down a review for the episode and there's no mention of Lance which I would have expected to have seen? I got the information from IMDB so I accept it may not be accurate.

I'm afraid the information is not correct. I did some research about that episode two weeks ago and the company who did the German dubbing on the series told me that they "couldn't find Lance Henriksen in it".

That said there is a little chance left. A friend of mine watched the episode when it was aired (on German Pay-TV). She said she didn't saw him too but she recorded "Consumed" so she will check it out again the next days.

It's only a very little chance he's in 'cause my friend likes Lance too so I can't think of a szenario wherein she didn't see him the first time.

A little news crept in amongst all the Tron news of the last few days and this time it is with regards to Wilderness. Over at shocktillyoudrop there's a sneak peak at some of the poster art being used to promote the film and very nice it is to. Head on over to check it out folks.

Eth

https://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17101