Lance Henriksen Movie News

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Now this isn't Lance movie news at all but it's still fun and I didn't want to create a topic solely for it. Here's a list of the top ten most distinctive celebrity voice overs and as you would expect from someone with the best voice in acting, our man would make the list right? Wrong. There have been some comments in the comments section that his Droid commercials at least should have featured. Head on over and check it out folks and let me know what you think. Should Lance, and that voice, have made the list?

https://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/the-ten-most-distinctive-celebrity-commercial-voiceovers.php

Eth

Yes, for sure Lance should have been on the list. A couple of them mentioned don't anywhere near have the kind of distinctive and recognizable voice that he has, and I for one wouldn't have known whose voice I was listening to without reading his name above the video. Definitely NOT the "Ten Most Distinctive..." Not one woman's voice either, just all men. That's interesting.

Now that is a very interesting point Darlene, they are all men. I can think of plenty of women with very distinctive voices (Jodie Foster, Kate Mulgrew and Bea Arthru spring to mind immediately) I wonder if it's just more common for a male VO to be used in commercials.

Whilst I am here and speaking of Lance's voice, a new review has gone online for Nightmares in Red, White and Blue and if your appetite for the film hasn't been aroused already then I'm afraid this review is going to do little to change that. I believe thet "Going To Pieces" is the definitive horror genre documentary every committed to celluloid and it rather seems it remains definitive. It's certainly worth checking out if this one leaves you wanting.

Eth

https://www.365horrormovie.com/2010/11/10/nightmares-in-red-white-and-blue-the-evolution-of-the-american-horror-film/

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a new review of "The Lost Tribe" folks and I have to say it isn't a bad review at all. It credits the movie as being very close to The Descent and Predator but doesn't conclude negatively because of it. Check out the review folks. It's certainly something I am looking forward to seeing.

Eth

https://www.brutalashell.com/2010/11/dvd-review-the-lost-tribe/

Now that is a very interesting point Darlene, they are all men. I can think of plenty of women with very distinctive voices (Jodie Foster, Kate Mulgrew and Bea Arthru spring to mind immediately) I wonder if it's just more common for a male VO to be used in commercials.

Whilst I am here and speaking of Lance's voice, a new review has gone online for Nightmares in Red, White and Blue and if your appetite for the film hasn't been aroused already then I'm afraid this review is going to do little to change that. I believe thet "Going To Pieces" is the definitive horror genre documentary every committed to celluloid and it rather seems it remains definitive. It's certainly worth checking out if this one leaves you wanting.

Eth

https://www.365horror...an-horror-film/

Oh how I look forward to this documentary. Love this line in the article:

Lance Henriksen narrates the film, and one thing I learned from horror movies is it’s best not to mess with Lance.

Guest WaveCrest

A little news crept in amongst all the Tron news of the last few days and this time it is with regards to Wilderness. Over at shocktillyoudrop there's a sneak peak at some of the poster art being used to promote the film and very nice it is to.

Eth

Just checked the poster artwork out. Basic but effective. I like it. :thumbsup: