Celebrating the 7th year of This is who we are!

Rate this topic

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

Dear TIWWA Members and Guests,

Today we celebrate the 7th anniversary of This is who we are, which was launched way back on December 1st, 2002!

The look and features of our Millennium fan community may have changed over the years, and so have the faces of our volunteer Staff Team of Elders of which I'm extremely grateful for their ongoing support and commitment (how do they find the time?). The most important and valued element of TIWWA is of course our wonderful community of members, some of whom have been with us right from the beginning and yet still take the time and opportunity to drop by, say hello and take part in discussion on another aspect of Millennium. It is to our members that we say a huge Thank You for making TIWWA the fun, friendly and often thought provoking place that it continues to be.

The Elder Team, in particular ethsnafu (our inventive and talented Director of Events!), have been busy planning some celebration activities to mark the occasion which we'll be publishing throughout this week, the very first of which is the welcome return of RADIO TIWWA, that lonely, sole remaining radio station that blasts out Millennium's incidental music in a barren apocalyptic wilderness...

radio_tiwwa_230.jpg

Head on over to the official

TIWWA Staff Team Blog to find the music player and be sure to leave the page open in a new tab or window so that you can listen to RADIO TIWWA as you surf to your favourite Millennium sounds. Dare you listen to Love is Blue throughout the day or will you opt for the awesome poetry of Patti Smith?

Be sure to keep an eye out (not literally) for more TIWWA 7th Anniversary celebrations and fun coming soon!

May I second the thank you to the volenteers that make this site possible. It is so nice to have such a diverse group of people with a common interest get together with out the typical flame wars and snertiness that marrs so many places online. Your consistant influence sets the tone and we are all well served by it.

Thank you also to the people that make this place as rich and vibrant as it is. There are so many viewpoints and ideas and they are communicated with alacrity and style. Thank you for being here and allowing me to get to know some of you.

A special thank you for Graham, for having this place for us. Without your dedication this would not be who we are. A hearty thank you for one of the nicest forums out there.

"The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other. ~Mario Puzo~

We are family here, we are strong, and we are loyal to the group, Millennium, and to each other. I for one am proud to be a member of this intelligent and devoted family.

Thank you to everyone for your talents and sacrifice of time and finances for this worthy cause. For truly:

"This is who we are." ouroborous.gif

Guest WaveCrest

Graham has done a cracking job with this website and forum. A community which welcomes you. You never feel like an outsider here. The people here are very informative and chatty (in the good sense). So much to see and do here. There's never enough hours in the day!

Here's to the next 7 years! :cool:

Guest RodimusBen

It can't be understated what an integral role TIWWA plays in the "upkeep" of Millennium fandom. As majestic and incredible as Millennium itself is, a ten-year-old show would not be able to maintain such clarity of passion and vivid enthusiasm amongst its fandom without a Grand Central Station of information, media, opinion and promotion that this site and forum provide. I can say without question that my inspiration to make fan art, videos and other Millennium geekery would not be as strong were there not a still-thriving, welcoming group of folks with which to share it all. The informational resources on the site have helped me to encourage others to view Millennium as well, so the cascade effect of the TIWWA community of contributors' passion for Millennium just extends on and on to affect many others who discover this show even today. Every Millennium fan owes the creators and maintainers of TIWWA a debt of gratitude.

:devil: