Donkey Punch...Oh So Close, but MISSED the mark

Guest Black's Babe

Guest Black's Babe

just finished watching this film, it wasn't terrible.

Strong 1st half, but sputtered into a huge mess after the eh Donkey Punch.

Decent cast assembled, recognized three of the young actors.

Jaime Winstone/Kim appeared in E4's Dead Set.

The actor that played "Bluey" from Masterpiece Theatre's 2006 adaptation of Dracula.

Julian Morris/Josh starred in the 2005 US horror/thriller Cry Wolf.

Read that this film was shot in 3 weeks on a shoestring budget, not bad.

Great soundtrack.

Just needed a stronger 3rd act IMHO.

Edited by Black's Babe

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Donkey Punch!

I'm probably swayed by the fact that the three girls from the film are Yorkshire girls so that automatically grabs an Eth point but overall I thought it was expertly done in the sense that it was low budget, very low budget in fact, but made awesome use of what it had. One of the downsides to the film is that all the male characters are thoroughly vile but given that they are the antagonists (of sorts) then that's probably intentional. The last girl was evident from the first ten minutes of the film (I do wish they would try to keep you guessing a bit) which is another point subtraction but it gets heaps of points for keeping that sense of 'impending doom' building from the moment they pop the first pill to the Donkey Punch itself. Yeah it loses a little steam from that point on but it picks up from time to time most notably with

Bluey's death scene which had me punching the air

It's hard to say what scenes I enjoyed in particular but a great film I thought.

Eth

PS I became insanely hooked on the remix of The Knife track Heartbeats because of its use over the opening scenes. It was stuck in my head for weeks.

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png