Hawaii Five-O

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I don't know if this will generate much discussion. Thought I'd start a thread for one of the best TV cop shows (in my opinion)...Hawaii Five-O.

To start of with I'm going to post a compiled together video of two episodic promos, posted on YouTube (which were narrated by Jack Lord and shown at the end of a new or repeated episode). I found out about this on the Hawaii Five-O Home Page guestbook.The first is from the ninth season episode "Assault on the Palace", which is followed by the promo for the tenth season premiere "Up the Rebels". Jack Lord/Steve McGarrett epitomised "cool". :cool:

Hawaii Five-O: Jack Lord episodic promos for Season 9's "Assault on the Palace" and Season 10's "Up the Rebels" (source: YouTube.com):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbimGfNzuU8

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks WaveCrest, Hawaii Five-O was a great show and one of my mother's favorites. I'm positive that it had a lot to do with her knowing Jack Lord.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Who do you think would be good for the main character?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

There's been discussion about the proposed Hawaii Five-O remake on a fan site called The Hawaii Five-O Home Page (on it's guestbook). I liked the suggestion of Ray Liotta as a McGarrett-like character. The idea of the son of McGarrett being the head of Five-O is good, but if the character wasn't born until the later years of the show, he would only be in his early 30's, and that's probably too young an age for him to be the head of the Five-O team.

Seasons 1 to 7 are available now on Region 1 DVD, with Seasons 1 to 6 available now on Region 2 DVD. Season 7 is being released in the UK on Region 2 on Monday 22nd March, 2010. A new news article was posted on TVShowsOnDVD earlier tonight, confirming the Season 8 DVD boxset release date on The Hawaii Five-O Home Page, of Tuesday 16th March, 2010.

What about Mark Wahlberg as the main character? He could pull it off.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

What about Mark Wahlberg as the main character? He could pull it off.

Good suggestion!

It would be good if they did sequels to episodes in the original series which weren't fully resolved. And maybe have characters appear who are related to Steve McGarrett's nemesis Wo Fat.

• 1 month later...
Guest WaveCrest

The new Hawaii Five-O series has been given the greenlight, so it's looking like it will start on CBS this autumn.

Back to the original series...below is the 2D and 3D artwork for the first eight seasons of Hawaii Five-O (source: Amazon.com):

The First Season (1968-69):

51JT2Y6F4DL._SS500_.jpg

The Second Season (1969-70):

51LieTNGfML._SS500_.jpg

The Third Season (1970-71):

512IsKrekfL._SS500_.jpg

The Fourth Season (1971-72):

51Ir4wOpP8L._SS500_.jpg

The Fifth Season (1972-73):

51NdAtHTFDL._SS500_.jpg

The Sixth Season (1973-74):

51b1OJXdaPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg