Midnight Caller

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

One of the most underrated and underappreciated TV series in my opinion is the series Midnight Caller. It ran on NBC at 10 pm from 1988 to 1991. Gary Cole played a former San Francisco cop who became a late night radio host and also helped the police with some of their cases. I think Chris Carter wrote some episodes during the third and final season. It was shot on location in San Francisco and also starred Wendy Kilbourne, Dennis Dun and Arthur Taxier (who also guest starred in the X Files sixth season premiere "The Beginning").

Below is the title sequence for the show (source: YouTube.com):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VWyX9II7tc

If there was one unreleased show I want on DVD more than any other, it's Midnight Caller.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BEER---> Anothe good show with a foroite actor of mine (Cole). 'American Gothic' anyone?

BELCH

I just started getting into American Gothic lately.Chiller has it on every now and then.Don't remember why I didn't watch it when it first aired.Good show though.

I never missed Midnight Caller when it was on.This was back in the days before we had cable TV,and our local NBC station was one of the few we could tune in.Seems like a century ago I would dance around the room with the rabbit ear antenna in hand trying to find a signal. I agree it would be a great DVD to find.

Guest WaveCrest

Sadly Warner Brothers own the rights to Midnight Caller, and they don't sub-license their shows to other DVD distributors (based on what I've read on the IMDb and the Home Theater Forum).

• 11 months later...