Michael R Perry's "The Voices" makes Hollywood's "Black List"

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi guys,

Each year a "Black List" is released (basically, the black list contains the hottest projects in Hollywood that you haven't heard of yet) and I am proud to let you guys know that Michael Perry's "The Voices" not only made the list but was the third hottest script on that list and, as a result, word of it is travelling across the web as we speak.

Here's some news about the upcoming project that is being tipped for greatness.

3: The Voices

By Michael R. Perry

What it's about: Jerry, a schizophrenic worker at a bathtub factory, accidentally kills an attractive woman from accounting. While trying to cover his bloody tracks, Jerry starts taking advice from his talking (and foul-mouthed) cat and dog.

What it's like: Watching the lovable pig from Babe join forces with American Psycho's Patrick Bateman. Some may be turned off by the script's twisted sense of humor — Jerry has friendly conversations with his victim's severed head — while others will get a kick out of its sheer audacity.

Status: Vertigo Entertainment is trying to package the film with a lead actor. Mark Romanek (One Hour Photo) is developing.

Now Michael tells me if you look hard enough (and I haven't because I want to keep it a surprise) you can find the script online but I guess that's your choice but given his incredible work on Millennium this is one project I will be following with eagerness.

Congratulations to Michael!

Eth