Nostradamus in Millennium

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

A teaser for us all posed by Matt from the Lexicon and here it is:

How often is Nostradamus referenced in Millennium? and specifically where? What quotes?

Well I get six references, but I could be wrong, could anyone else double check to verify?

PILOT

FRANK: 'La grand peste en la cité maritime.' 'Peste.' The word written on the lid of the buried coffin. It’s from Nostradamus, the 16th-century apocalyptic poet.

JOSE CHUNG'S DOOMSDAY DEFENSE

GIEBELHOUSE: (to Watts) You know, you can learn a lot about a person from the books on their shelves. Campus security told me this guy taught comparative religions. It wasn't until I saw these Nostradamus books that I realized this case was millenniumistic.

THE SOUND OF SNOW

HOLLIS: Frank! Frank, I've got something for you. Victor Chyren, the name on the internal envelope that came to you? It's in Nostradamus.

FRANK: Yeah. Century six. Quantrain 70.

THIRTEEN YEARS LATER

HOLLIS: Mr Black, remember the suspect in Seattle, the one who quoted Nostradamus.

FRANK: The Frenchman.

A SINGLE BLADE OF GRASS

DR MICHAELS: You know, everybody gets hysterical when Nostradamus appears to vaguely predict an earthquake.

FORCE MAJEURE

DENNIS: (continues) Seven planets align. Seven people survived with Noah.

[Frank gets into the Jeep.]

DENNIS: Seven separate prophecies by Nostradamus predicting the apocalypse in May.

[Frank starts up the engine.]

DENNIS: Listen. This is the beginning of the Thousand Days. When the first trumpet sounds there came hail mixed with fire and blood. Revelations, verse seven. Blood. Exodus, chapter seven. 'And the river was turned to blood.' River of blood. There'll be more.

I think that's them all. Kudos to Libby for the transcripts and Graham for his indispensable homepage. :thumbsup:

Eth

Thanks, I knew it had to be somewhere, but I wasnt find it on Grahams propper site.

A teaser for us all posed by Matt from the Lexicon and here it is:

Well I get six references, but I could be wrong, could anyone else double check to verify?

PILOT

FRANK: 'La grand peste en la cité maritime.' 'Peste.' The word written on the lid of the buried coffin. It's from Nostradamus, the 16th-century apocalyptic poet.

JOSE CHUNG'S DOOMSDAY DEFENSE

GIEBELHOUSE: (to Watts) You know, you can learn a lot about a person from the books on their shelves. Campus security told me this guy taught comparative religions. It wasn't until I saw these Nostradamus books that I realized this case was millenniumistic.

THE SOUND OF SNOW

HOLLIS: Frank! Frank, I've got something for you. Victor Chyren, the name on the internal envelope that came to you? It's in Nostradamus.

FRANK: Yeah. Century six. Quantrain 70.

THIRTEEN YEARS LATER

HOLLIS: Mr Black, remember the suspect in Seattle, the one who quoted Nostradamus.

FRANK: The Frenchman.

A SINGLE BLADE OF GRASS

DR MICHAELS: You know, everybody gets hysterical when Nostradamus appears to vaguely predict an earthquake.

FORCE MAJEURE

DENNIS: (continues) Seven planets align. Seven people survived with Noah.

[Frank gets into the Jeep.]

DENNIS: Seven separate prophecies by Nostradamus predicting the apocalypse in May.

[Frank starts up the engine.]

DENNIS: Listen. This is the beginning of the Thousand Days. When the first trumpet sounds there came hail mixed with fire and blood. Revelations, verse seven. Blood. Exodus, chapter seven. 'And the river was turned to blood.' River of blood. There'll be more.

I think that's them all. Kudos to Libby for the transcripts and Graham for his indispensable homepage. :thumbsup:

Eth