Patrick Harbinson and The Day of the Triffids

Rate this topic

Libby

• Elders (Moderators)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1237568/Apocalyptic-scenes-BBC-releases-trailer-sci-fi-drama-remake-Day-Of-The-Triffids.html

"Adapted from the 1951 novel by John Wyndham, the modern-day version for BBC1 has been penned by ER and Law & Order writer Patrick Harbinson."

"Whereas the BBC's 1981 version was set in the late 20th century, the new Day Of The Triffids will take place in 2011. Stars of the new series, which will be screened on December 28 and 29, include comic Eddie Izzard, Dougray Scott, Joely Richardson, her real-life mother Vanessa Redgrave and Brian Cox."

• Like 1

Thank you very much for that Libby,

I'm really looking forward to this. I have seen all the versions of this tail made and, of course, I've read the book a number of times and have enjoyed the audio adaptation that sometimes airs on BBC7 - it's such a classic story it will be nice to see what they do with it. I'm sitting on my hands at the moment determined not google for a picture of the updated Triffids. I want it be a surprise. The thing that really excites me about this is having Patrick at the helm.

Bring on the Triffids!

Eth