Music In The Lone Gunmen

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

That's a fantastic read, thanks Diego and Libby, I have saved that to a document for future reference.

Now I've done a little investigating and this gentleman, Barklie K. Griggs was the music supervisor for that particular episode so I'm wondering if he might be able to point me in the right direction. I found a brief description of the role of a music supervisor in respect of work he had done another feature and it does sound like he would be the chap responsible for hiring the sessions musicians and choosing the songs...

...Barklie K. Griggs - Music Supervisor

Director's note: What would this film be without Barklie Griggs? A music supervisor does most everything in regards to the music for a film, from helping the composer do his job to finding great songs to clearing music rights to worrying about the vocalist's moods during the recording sessions. Barklie introduced us all to Madeleine Peyroux, who we are all sure is destined to become one of the greats.

So, I'm going to write an email and see if he can help me find the song. Never know till you try right?

Eth

Sorry for posting again folks but I am a bit of demon when I have a mission :p

I've just received an email from Barklie and what a pleasant chap he is. He suggested, like Diego, that music is usually listed in the order it appears in the show but couldn't be certain as he didn't know where the list originated. He really enjoyed being part of The Lone Gunmen experience and he suggested I try Mark Snow's right hand man, Jeff Charbonneau, who he thought might have a cue sheet from that episode. He gave me his email address and that's where my next stop is.

The end is in sight (I hope).

Eth

Guest donkeyjote

Glad you enjoyed it, Eth.

Good luck with the search! I wrote to the tango instructor, who knows, maybe she remembers.

Edit: ha! posted at the same time. You know, since you mention him, Jeff would make for a great BTFB interview...

Edited by donkeyjote

Hi Diego,

Yeah he would wouldn't he, that will be in the second part of my email to him - you have all my best ideas lol

Here's a wee snippet, and I do mean wee snippet, of Gypsy Tango that I found at Amazon and it's certainly a contender but with only a few seconds it's hard to tell. I may just buy the track, it's only $0.99 after all. Here's hoping Jeff or the Tango Instructor will know for certain.

Eth

Hi guys,

I have changed the title of this thread somewhat as I diverted it wildly of course and probably deserve a visit from Mabius as a result but...

I have just received an email from Mr. Jeff Charbonneau who has very kindly agreed to ponder my query and see if he can uncover exactly what track is playing beneath Yves' monologue in Tango De Los Pistoleros. Now here's my thing: if ever there was a finer, and kinder, cast and crew on a show then I challenge you to name it. I wrote to Barklie and Jeff about my query and my email screamed fanboy-nerd and yet these good people take time out to help fans of their work no matter how trivial the query is. It really is very touching. I have no idea how many emails of this kind these fine people receive but everyone involved in any of Ten Thirteen's projects is a credit to the company.

He said it might take him a few days but here's hoping the end is nigh!

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I'll Tango with you Mark!! makingeyes.gif Just let me grab my back support belt and Ben Gay and we'll be good to go!! LOL Getting old sucks!!

Laura

• 5 months later...

I was going to add this to the XF 4 CD set thread but I decided to check this folder instead...I had missed this thread entirely!

I am completely in love with this piece of music in the "Tango" teaser as well! :fool: I've ripped the audio too, it's been in my mp3 player for nearly a year now! I've listened to it so many times that if I had a "clean" version, the lack of Yves' voice-over would probably sound weird to me by now...

Congratulations Eth and Diego for all your extensive research, that's some motivation people! :clapping:

Now I know that a lack of reply from Eth probably means the kind Jeff Charbonneau never did find what this track was all about, however one can still hope: what happened with this, Eth? Are we even 100% certain Mark Snow didn't compose this in a frenzy of Argentinian passion after testing several temp tracks on the episode?