What are you watching this New Year!

ethsnafu

Dear Gore-hounds,

I know there are others out there than need no excuse to bung a horror movie in the DVD player and settle back for a night of fake blood and prosthetic limbs and I'm sure you good folk will have enjoyed the festive season with such gems as Black Christmas, Silent Night Deadly Night and so on. So how about something New Year themed to ring in the changes. I love all these films just because they are horror films (which is pretty much the only pre-requisite I need to enjoy a film). Have you guys seen any of these?

Eth

New Years Evil

Terror Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9D60dlPdAI

Bloody New Year

Had to link to the trailer for this as I had posted too many media films sadly.

Anyone know of any other gems I may have missed?

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BEER----> OK, so it's not the New Year yet. But I went to see 'Avatar' very good, go see it. Last night I watched 'Screemers - 2'. Lance is getting very good at dying, but giving it his best in some of his latest movies.

BELCH

Guest WaveCrest

I watched a trailer for a Thora Birch film called Train a few months ago. Awful. I've not seen Terror Train, only bits of it, but I'm sure it's miles better than this remake. And I think a second remake of Terror Train has been made as well. Don't know who's in it though.

I'll have to check and see if "New Year's Evil" is available on DVD. In the very back of my mind I might have seen "New Year's Evil" mentioned in a list of horror films which came out after Halloween (1978), but still, thanks for mentioning it Mark and for posting a link to the trailer. Will check that out.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I will be watching the 24 hour marathon of Twilight Zone that they play every year on the SciFi channel! I love the old Twilight Zone episodes and my absolute favorite one is the William Shatner one with the creature on the wing of the airplane. LOVE it!!! thumbsup.gif I remember when I was little I would watch all the old twilight zone episodes and horror movies with my brother on New Years Eve. Oh and I remember watching old horror movies like The Wolfman and Frankenstein, and I love New Years Evil and Chiller Theater, it was so much fun. makingeyes.gif

Oh I was looking through Netflix and came across a horror movie that said it was directied by Lance Henriksen! It is called Summer School!

Laura makingeyes.gif

• Elders (Admins)

I've not seen any of these films! I am looking forward to seeing Drag Me to Hell (surely a winner with a title like that!). A friend at work has promised to hand it over for my viewing pleasure.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Oh chief,

I'm guessing you will really like Drag To Hell. I went to the cinema with my brother and my brother's chum who doesn't like horror very much but had his arm twisted and we had a blast. Put it this way, the film is designed to make you jump and my brother's chum was all over the cinema. I distinctly remember him turning the air blue on a few occasions.

Laura, Summer School (which I haven't seen) was directed by Lance Hendrickson who is a different chap from the mighty Lance Henriksen. It took me ages to figure that one out as I thought, as you probably did, that his name had just been misspelt which is a fairly common thing to see.

I think I may well have to watch Doctor Who The Movie, what better than a Doctor Who story set on New Years Eve, couldn't get more perfect if it tried.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

OOOPS, you are so right Mark, i feel like such an idiot(which i do most often) I thought i had found something with our Lance that you might not have seen or heard of.. lol I went and looked and it says directed by Lance Henriksen but in the little sysnopsis of the movie it says Lance Hendrikson... Ugh! i guess just a mispelling! rolleyes.gif

Lauramakingeyes.gif