The X-Files comes to Bones on January 14th

Rate this topic

Bones_XFile-Sc39_0056-300x200.jpg

Hi guys,

As we all know, Fringe recently had a little X-Files homage and not it's the turn of Bones to do the same. I know many people who watch Bones state how similar the dynamic between Booth and Brennan is to the dynamic between Mulder and Scully and now it looks like it's time for the show's creators to pay a little tribute to the show.

X-Files star Dean Haglund guests on an upcoming Bones episodes called “The X in the File.” Guess they’re not going to miss a single opportunity to pay tribute to the old series as Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Booth’s (David Boreanaz) investigation of a death in the desert near Roswell, NM.

Haglund plays Blaine Miller, the owner of a diner who might have a clue to the mystery.

The episode was scheduled to air January 14, but Fox looks like they’re still doing some shuffling, so that date may change.

I've only ever seen the odd episode of this show but based on the above I might just have to watch this out of curiosities sake. I'm betting £10 we don't make it to the end of the episode without a little musical cue from the X-Files - that's my prediction.

Eth

Hi guys,

Here’s the latest preview clip for the Bones episode "The X in the File" starring Dean Haglund. It seems that the people who called Booth & Brennan in for the investigation thought the victim was extraterrestrial. Brennan, being the totally logical one declares that the remains are not extraterrestrial…but then watch what happens during the investigation!

Anyone know when this will air on British TV?

Guest Laurent.

I'm betting £10 we don't make it to the end of the episode without a little musical cue from the X-Files - that's my prediction.

Hell, we didn't even make it to the middle of the promo! Where can I send my 10$ (Canadian dollars will have to do I guess)?

Guest WaveCrest

Anyone know when this will air on British TV?

I'll need to find that out Mark, because I think Sky 1 were showing new Season 5 episodes before the Christmas break. I can remember the premier episode set in the UK being shown a few weeks ago.

Hell, we didn't even make it to the middle of the promo! Where can I send my 10$ (Canadian dollars will have to do I guess)?

Actually it should be $16.52 Laurent but I'll be fair and call it quits at $15.00.

I have to say kudos to the Bones team for being so predictable. I wonder how far they are going to milk this. Dean Haglund, Area 51, The X-Files theme, X-Files in the title - any more and it becomes a pastiche.

Is it me or is The X-Files enjoying something of a renaissance of late? I know the movie was a fairly beak time for the show and the negativity on the internet was a little intense at times but with Fringe and Bones lining up to salute the show there seems to be a much more positive vibe in the air at the moment.

Eth

Oh how right you are Richard. SFX had nothing pleasant at all to say about the X-Files during it's heyday so Lord knows what they would say about it now. That said, I do take great comfort in the fact that SFX championed, to the point of reader complaints, the work of genius that was Buffy The Vampire Slayer (their opinion, not mine) whilst being derisory to the nth degree about the X-Files and all involved with it. I think that speaks volumes about their so called 'taste' right ;)

Eth

Oh how right you are Richard. SFX had nothing pleasant at all to say about the X-Files during it's heyday so Lord knows what they would say about it now. That said, I do take great comfort in the fact that SFX championed, to the point of reader complaints, the work of genius that was Buffy The Vampire Slayer (their opinion, not mine) whilst being derisory to the nth degree about the X-Files and all involved with it. I think that speaks volumes about their so called 'taste' right ;)

Eth

Ha! I'm glad I never read anything like that.Buffy and The XFiles aren't even in the same league.Actually I never read any bad XFiles reviews until the 8th or 9th season.

I hated Buffy, there I've said it lol

I don't know what SFX's problem was with the X-Files but it was never very kind to the show. I remember in the heyday of the show that fans wrote en masse to SFX to question the seemingly negative stance of the magazine to the show which looked like it had been handed down to every staff reviewer by the Chief Whip. I know there were accusations of the magazine being very pro-Whedon and some fans felt that even when there was big news in XF world that the SFX would deliberately overshadow this by placing Buffy on the front cover and devoting far more space to old news from that show than to new news from XF.

I guess we all love a conspiracy theory and it may just have been coincidence that a lot of staff on SFX at the time were not particularly enamoured of the X-Files but I always felt the magazine had a stance as far as reporting on the show went.

I'm sure when I spoke to Richard he echoed a similar opinion and I wondered if anyone else can recall feeling the same?

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I remember when the X Files moved production from British Columbia/Vancouver to Los Angeles, and thought the show hit the ground running with the first few episodes ("Drive" being my all time favourite). Yet you felt like SFX was out to slate The X Files no matter what. Even when they praised an episode of the show their reviewer always found something to criticise. They still do it now with Supernatural and Ghost Whisperer. I'm thinking about not buying the magazine altogether. Ok, you there's always been some bit of negativity about episodes of a TV show (and films) when they're reviewed. But it feels like they're being negative for the sake of it. There is something else I could say about SFX, but that's about horror films.

Sorry for bringing the thread off-topic!