Simon & Simon

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

How many of you here remember a 1980's private detective duo drama/action/comedy series called Simon & Simon? It ran on CBS from 1981 to 1989 and starred Jameson Parker and Gerald McRaney as AJ and Rick Simon, two brothers who ran their own private detective agency in San Diego, California (the show was filmed on location in San Diego, and is either the only TV series or one of the few TV series to have shot on location and been set in San Diego).

It did a crossover at the start of it's second season with Magnum, p.i., which it had as a lead-in for a few seasons running. In the 1983-84 season Jameson Parker guest-starred as AJ Simon in an episode of another CBS TV series called Whiz Kids. Some of the stars from Whiz Kids returned the favour and guest starred in an episode of Simon & Simon.

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

I loved that show as a kid, one the great 80's landmark programs! I think its out on DVD now. I used to watch this with my sister and we always enjoyed it.

I also loved Ripspeed and Hardcastle and McCormick too, but I recall it was really hard to follow with ITV's scheduling. Bring back 'The Screaming Mimi'!

They really should repeat all these shows, it would be great to see them again.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

OMG I love all these shows. Magnum and Simon and Simon are two of Franks favorites. He use to have a Magnum mustache many moons ago. lol I loved Riptide, one of the best 80's tv shows. I love helicopters so this show was right up my alley. Thanks Richard for reminding us of great 80's tv. makingeyes.gif

Laura

Guest WaveCrest

I was going to ask whether Simon & Simon had been shown in the UK Graham, as I couldn't remember seeing it. I've got a book which is an A-Z of US and UK TV shows which were shown in the UK, and Simon & Simon wasn't in there. But on the other hand I looked for one or two other shows which I knew had been shown in the UK and they weren't in the book either.

I remember you Laura talking about Riptide a few times before. Why don't you start a thread for Riptide? :smile:

• Elders (Admins)

Hmmm, perhaps I will! So many cult 80's favourites. Did I mention Airwolf, Streethawk, The A-Team?!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest WaveCrest

I sense a thread coming on... :oneeyedwinK

The first season of Simon & Simon had a different theme tune, compared to the one which I'm assuming most people recognise/remember.

Graham, the first three seasons are available on Region 1. The first season was released by Universal. After that release there was a long time before Shout! Factory resumed releasing the show on Region 1 DVD, with the second and third seasons having been released so far. The fourth season is coming out in April.

How many of you here remember a 1980's private detective duo drama/action/comedy series called Simon & Simon? It ran on CBS from 1981 to 1989 and starred Jameson Parker and Gerald McRaney as AJ and Rick Simon, two brothers who ran their own private detective agency in San Diego, California (the show was filmed on location in San Diego, and is either the only TV series or one of the few TV series to have shot on location and been set in San Diego).

It did a crossover at the start of it's second season with Magnum, p.i., which it had as a lead-in for a few seasons running. In the 1983-84 season Jameson Parker guest-starred as AJ Simon in an episode of another CBS TV series called Whiz Kids. Some of the stars from Whiz Kids returned the favour and guest starred in an episode of Simon & Simon.

BEER---> I guess I have to comment on this show. Since I'm a geezer and live just up the coast from San Diego. I watched this show and enjoyed it a lot. I haven't seen Jameson Parker for a long time, McRaney has done quite a few things, I think he had his own show for awhile.

BELCH

Guest WaveCrest

Gerald McRaney did star in his own show during the second half of the 90's, called Promised Land. It was a spin-off from Touched by an Angel and ran from 1996-99. It did three crossovers with Touched by an Angel and one with Diagnosis Murder.

I need to find out when it was filmed but Jameson Parker starred in the 1987 John Carpenter film Prince of Darkness, which he made while Simon & Simon was still on the air.

Mark, how do you post front cover artwork for a DVD boxset in a thread?

Hi Richard,

Locate the image you want to share and right click it and select 'copy image location'. When you are creating a reply, hit the icon that represents a picture and paste the location you have copied into the box.

Hope that helps?

Eth

SimonAndSimon_S3.jpg

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Elders (Admins)

That guy in the right with hat was always my favourite!