"24": Day 8 Discussion thread (US speed)

The Old Man

This new season is pretty good so far, excpet for Bubba Gump running CTU.

Dude truly BLOWS.

Now, that's a compliment if I ever saw one. He's meant to bug you.

I've always liked his work from when I saw the remake TV series The Fugitive and especially later on Boomtown.

Now, what bugs me more is how stupid those convicts hassling Dana Walsh. They didn't wear masks (although I think Dana was supposed to take care of the cameras, if my memory serves correct, but still...) or gloves (a big no no since their prints are in the system, for sure) for that matter, and they made a total mess of the place so obviously the cop is gonna notice it, duh!

But I agree, it's been pretty good so far, and it's been pretty low key and thus keeping in spirit with the last season (somewhat) and the first season. But obviously they made some shocking moves a la early season 2.

I must confess that the b-storylines are somewhat lame, not very interesting and a retread of other plots from previous seasons, but that's unavoidable by this point I guess, it's season 8 after all.

I'm not depressed, just quiet.

Jósef's Visual Musings:

http://cheersfromiceland.blogspot.com/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have medical updates on Kiefer?

This was what I saw on another site.

Sutherland's illness causes brief shutdown of '24'

NEW YORK (AP) - Production of the Fox network thriller "24'' has been temporarily shut down so that star and executive producer Kiefer Sutherland can undergo surgery.

Shooting is expected to resume next week with Sutherland's return. Twentieth Century Fox Television would not comment on the nature of Sutherland's ailment, referring to it only as ``a medical procedure.'' The Los Angeles Times first reported the production halt and says Sutherland suffered from a ruptured cyst.

About six more weeks of production time remains for the season. Fox says no disruption is expected in airing the episodes.

Sutherland plays counter-terrorist hero Jack Bauer on the series. The show is now in its eighth season.

Guest WaveCrest

Checked Zap2it earlier tonight and "24" got 8.6 million viewers (in the fast national ratings I think) for hour 10 of Day 8, with a 5.1 rating and 8% share.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

"24" got 8.9 million viewers for hour 11 of Day 8 (premiering in the UK tonight at 9 pm, and repeated at 1 am in the early hours of Tuesday morning on Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD), with a 5.3 rating and 8% share (source: Zap2it.com).

Guest WaveCrest

"24"'s ratings for the latest episode to premiere in the US on FOX were up from last Monday, getting 9.2 million viewers with a 5.4 rating and a 9% share. Even though it was up against CBS repeats the show did well last night. Good to see the ratings continuing to climb despite it only being a small increase of viewers from last Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I didn't realise until I went on Zap2it earlier this evening, that there will be two hours of "24" on FOX tonight, covering the hours 6 am to 8 am. I'm assuming sunrise will be shown in the "6 am - 7 am" hour (hour 15 of Day 8). But there won't be two hours of "24" on Sky 1 this coming Sunday. Instead they will be shown on two separate Sundays (found this out on Radio Times' website earlier this evening).

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...