Castle

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I know at least one person who here who has seen at least one episode of Castle (the murder mystery comedy series which airs on ABC Monday nights at 10 pm - 11 pm), but has anyone else seen this series which stars Nathan Fillion as a mystery writer who helps the police solve mysteries and crimes, and Stana Katic as the detective who he works with on the cases? Also starring is Susan Sullivan, who is probably best known for playing Maggie Gioberti Channing in the 80's soap opera Falcon Crest.

It started in March 2009 with a 10 episode first season and is currently 12 episodes into it's second season (the 13th episode premieres tomorrow night). It's doing alright in the ratings (getting around 9-10 million viewers), despite stiff competition from CSI: Miami on CBS.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never would have started watching it but being the Firefly fan that I am I couldn't pass up a chance to see Nathan Fillion. It's a pretty good show and Nathan's character is likable. Most of the episodes are light hearted and the mystery is usually wrapped up in 45 min.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Laura, did you see last night's new episode of Castle? Whilst it was a repeat episode of CSI: Miami, Castle still did well last night on ABC (getting between 10 and 11 million viewers. Source: Zap2it.com).

• 2 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

Castle has had it's highest ratings ever for the last two new second season episodes shown on ABC in the US. The first season starts in the UK this coming Wednesday on Alibi at 9 pm (repeated the following night at 8 pm).

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I hope you get to watch this Richard, I know you will really like it, it is funny and quirky and also a very good crime drama series. :)

Laura :)

Guest WaveCrest

I've been reading Laura it's a bit like Murder, She Wrote. Does it have elements of that series? Like, wherever Castle goes murder follows?

Guest WaveCrest

Forgot to record the pilot episode of Castle last night and tonight (when it was repeated). Someone told me tonight that the show is like Dempsey and Makepeace, which I was thrilled about as I was a fan of that mid to late 80's UK cop/detective show.