Favorite Hitchcock Movie or Movies

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Yes, I agree, Marie is an excellent choice.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Topaz Richard. I know it is often regarded as Hitchcock's worst film but it's worth considering that a poor Hitchcock film is still head an shoulders above a lot of films out there. Had this been made by any other director it would have been considered a perfectly passable political thriller but as it was from one of the great masters it does, I have say, compare less favourable against some of his other work. One of the biggest let downs of this film is the poor ending and as far as I am aware, shooting on the film began before the screenplay was even finished and a number of endings were tried, and failed, before the odd ending you see in the final cut was chosen in a desperate hurry to complete the film.

Well worth a look if it is on TV but I wouldn't make much effort to track it down otherwise.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I love Frenzy, i remember watching it last year when i was making sugar cookies, can't remember if it was Halloween or Christmas, i think it was Halloween. Seems im always baking. lol Frenzy is one of those less known Hitchcock films but it well worth a look! thumbsup.gif

Laura :)

Guest WaveCrest

Would be nice to see a DVD or Blu-ray re-release of Topaz with the other endings filmed. I think Topaz was the Hitchcock film which starred John Forsythe. I was thinking Paul Newman starred in Topaz. I was thinking of Torn Curtain, which Paul Newman starred in. Along with Torn Curtain, Topaz is one of the other Hitchcock films I've known about but have not seen.

Guest WaveCrest

A local cinema is showing Psycho on one night later this spring. Never seen a Hitchcock film on the big screen so I'm definitely going to see this. Also being shown at the same cinema soon is Double Take, a film which mixes archive footage of Alfred Hitchcock with new footage filmed with a lookalike actor.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Has anyone heard of a film called Double Take, which stars Alfred Hitchock as himself and an actor who plays an Alfred Hitchcock lookalike?

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Hey Richard, I have heard of it but not seen it i don't think. :) would love to though. when are you seeing it and Psycho at the cinema? I wish i could go too. :) Could be fun. makingeyes.gif

Laura :)

Richard, I think therefore I must find a copy of "Double Take." I so want to see it, that's for mentioning it. ouroborous.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I enjoyed Topaz and my all time fave North by Northwest. I watched his TV shows mostly. He worked with some of the biggest stars of the day and was a master of the black and white media; Which is why I don't like the 'colorized' versions.

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!