The Invaders

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Seeing HighPlainsDrifter mention the classic 60's sci-fi drama thriller series The Invaders in the Shoutbox, I thought I must start a thread for this show, as it was one of my favourite series that I watched back in the 90's (BBC2 repeated it in the week and later on Sunday lunchtimes).

The first and second (last) seasons have been released both on Region 1 and 2. But if you want the DVD extras buy the Region 1 version, as they have an interview with actor Roy Thinnes (who played architect David Vincent) and visual episode intros by him. As with several other CBS DVD releases the episodes have been digitally remastered and look great (based on when I tested the discs out).

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent show. I have it and just watched it recently.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I can't believe I've never seen this. I just caught the last couple of episodes on SyFy today and it doesn't ring a bell.I would have been 9-10 when this came out and sure wouldn't have missed it unless my parents were watching something else. I'm sure we only had one TV back then,and it was probably black and white at that. A good show though,I hope they keep running marathons of it from time to time.

Guest WaveCrest

I always loved the opening of each episode with the voiceover saying "...a deserted diner.." and the way they showed the logo of The Invaders with the use of shadows and colour. I thought it was quite inventive.