Another Fox TV Series

HighPlainsDrifter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm generally not fond of accusations of 'ripping things off' because even shows that appear unique in their design are often a hodge-podge of other shows that have inspired the show's creators: the X-Files being a good example of this but....

a new drama series that investigates the world of the unexplained through the eyes of a doctor and a former detective who must work together to solve decades- old mysteries.

...that's not even trying is it lol

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Well here's a little promo I found. I have to say, it still isn't doing it for me. Since The X-Files, 'cop teams up with scientist to investigate the paranormal' type shows have been two-a-penny and this looks as generic as the best of them.

Eth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzfr_gRHSc

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Elders (Admins)

Full preview is up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.c...h?v=wzAEtbmPF8I which manages to encapsulate the entire plot, so don't watch to the end if you don't want to be spoiled.

Dialogue quote: "The clues are there – you just have to know where to look."

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Guest WaveCrest

Just watched the trailer and it's nothing special. Will pass on this show I think, but may watch a bit of it if it gets shown by a UK channel.

Guest WaveCrest

Is Past Life starting this autumn on FOX, or is it going to be a mid-season show/mid-season replacement show?

EDIT: I've checked on EpGuides.com and the show starts on Tuesday 9th February with the pilot episode. It's regular slot will be on Thursday nights from 11th February. Actually as I'm typing this edit I do remember seeing on the Winter 2010 US TV prime-time schedule on EpGuides.com, that Past Life would be replacing Fringe on Thursday nights at 9 pm - 10 pm (is Fringe taking a mid-mid (not a typo) season break?).

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

HMMMMMM, I think this looks like a good show, will have to watch and see. If I like it I will let everyone know. Looks interesting if you ask me, always been a fan of past lives. Does anyone know the story about that little boy who can recall in detail and names of being a fighter pilot i think it was during WW2? I saw his story on tv and very interesting.

Laura makingeyes.gif