Unsolved Mysteries

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I wasn't sure where to start a thread for the classic 80's and 90's TV series Unsolved Mysteries, which started off as a series of TV specials in 1987 and was turned into a regular series in 1988. The first special was hosted by Raymond Burr. A further six specials were made, the first two hosted by Karl Malden and the last four by Robert Stack, who became the main host when Unsolved Mysteries was turned into a regular series in 1988.

It was part documentary series and part real life series, with reconstructions, appeals for missing persons, stories about history, treasure, UFOs, murder cases etc. This is why it covers more than one folder on this forum, and why I was unsure where to start a thread.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember it and it was a very good and interesting show.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

An Ultimate Collection R1 boxset was released a few years ago, but it has one major problem regarding the music - the original classic theme tune has been replaced by the Lifetime version of the Unsolved Mysteries theme tune.

Guest WaveCrest

I emailed CBS Reality in the last week to ask if they were going to show Unsolved Mysteries. I got an email back a day or two later from them, in which they said the show is going to be shown on CBS Reality from Monday 1st March, showing at 8 pm and repeated at 1.40 am weekdays.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I'm hoping CBS Reality will be showing the specials. The first one was presented by Raymond Burr (aired in 1987), then there were a further six specials (the first two presented by Karl Malden and the next four by Robert Stack), airing between 1987 and 1988. After that it was a weekly 60 minute show (there were over 40 episodes per season), premiering on CBS in October 1988.

It was released on Region 1 as an Ultimate Collection boxset, but it dosen't have the classic scary and creepy music from the original series. Also, the picked cases and stories were only a small portion of what was in the whole series (started in 1988 and finished in 1999). One series had actress Virginia Madsen as a reporter on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I won't know till next week but it's looking like CBS Reality are going to be showing the shorter run of Unsolved Mysteries which was shown on Lifetime in the early 2000's, which was hosted by Dennis Farina. The descriptions I've looked at for some of the episodes on next week include no mention of Robert Stack, or Dennis Farina. The Dennis Farina shows were stories from the original series and presented by him instead.