Frozen (2010)

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Not to be confused with a 2005 film of the same name, Frozen is a new horror film from the director of Hatchet, Adam Green. I first read about it on Horrormovies.ca and only found out a couple of days ago there was a trailer for the film (along with a poster). It's about a group of skiiers who are stranded on a ski chairlift.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

zz1ac58dcf.jpg

I am really looking forward to this. This happens to be my worst nightmare. I have a fear of heights and have vivid memories of being on chairlifts or ferris wheels when I was younger and being petrified by the idea that the thing might stop and I would be left dangling in their air with no hope of escape. I'm also a great lover of psychological horror and that seems to be the premise of this film: how far would you go to survive in the circumstances. I found a little more about the film here and fram what I have read the response has been incredibly positive and praise is following this film around....

On a chilly winter night, three skiers huddle together on a chairlift, confused as to why their ride to the summit suddenly stops. The sting of the icy wind worsens when the floodlights power down, leaving them stranded in the dark. As they wait for help, the reality of the nightmare hits them. The ski resort has just closed, abandoning the group stranded high above the mountain slopes in an oncoming snow storm. With ominous howls echoing through the surrounding woods, they will need to make some tough decisions in order to survive. Writer/director Adam Green skillfully guides this real-world thriller, pushing three college students to confront their natural fears of the dark, cold, heights, and beyond, to see how far a human is willing to go to survive. With bone-chilling performances by Kevin Zegers, Shawn Ashmore, and Emma Bell, Frozen continues horror’s time-honored tradition of scaring audiences away from their favorite recreational activities.

Here's the trailer folks. Definitely worth a watch methinks.

Eth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPNiLPnSzU

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

I love the use of darkness and light (what there is) in the film's poster. It did remind me of Vertical Limit, which co-starred Nicholas Lea (Krycek in The X Files).

• 7 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

Play.com have a pre-order listing page for Frozen (2010), showing a Region 2 UK release of Monday 18th October, 2010. Below is the front cover artwork for the Region 2 UK DVD:

16123178x.jpg

Super. I have that ordered. I have been really curious about seeing this film as I adore single-location shoots. It takes a lot of creativity and ingenuity to make such a limited canvas come to life with energy and some films do it well and some don't. By all accounts this is one of the former.

Thanks for the heads up Richard,

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

It's saying the video has been removed due to terms of use violation, whatever that means on YouTube. Oh well.

I'm not afraid of heights as I am afraid of falling. :whistling: A little humor there I hope. It really does look terrifying to be in that situation. :woot:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

It's getting a quick Region 2 UK release as a cinema release is happening at the end of this month. Maybe it's something you don't see in the film itself, but I was expecting Frozen to get an 18 certificate because of the bit in the trailer with

the person's tongue stuck on the ski lift.