MLM Firefox 3.6 Persona (Skin)

Rate this topic

Guest Lady3Jane

Guest Lady3Jane

Just installed Firefox 3.6 and for the first time FF supports customized skins. There 36.000+ Skins for Firefox (=Personas) but sadly no MiellnniuM one yet? Everyone can create their own.

I created a little contst in the XF Fandom, dunno if there are enough MillenniuM patricipants for contest...

Anyway: Let's create some awesome personas.

Personas are made up of two graphic image files - a "header" image and a "footer" image - which skin the default Firefox UI background.

for the Header:

* Dimensions should be 3000px wide x 200px high

* PNG or JPG file format

* subtle, soft contrast images and gradients work best

* highly detailed images will compete with the browser UI

* Firefox may reveal more of the lower portion of the image if it or an extension adds another toolbar or other UI element to the top of the window

* the right-hand side of the image should have the most important information - as a user increases the width of the browser window, the browser reveals more of the left-hand side of the image

* images must be no larger than 300kb in filesize

* images over 3000px x 200px will not be approved

* never use artwork/logos/photography that you do not have the legal rights to use

Fort he Footer:

* Dimensions should be 3000px wide x 100px high

* PNG or JPG file format

* subtle, soft contrast images and gradients work best

* images must be no larger than 300kb in filesize

* images over 3000px x 100px will not be approved

* never use artwork/logos/photography that you do not have the legal rights to use - you will have to prove you have the rights if the content is questioned

https://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/demo_create

What a great idea,

I've been looking at a few of the personas that others have created and it doesn't look too complicated. I guess it's simply a case of beauty versus practicality: some of them look great but are far too fussy when you actually install them. I'll see if I can find some time later to have a dabble. My screensaver, desktop wallpaper and everything else is Millennium, would be nice to have a browser that co-ordinates.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and please let us know what the XF fans come up with, I'm sure there would be some interested parties around these parts that might like to use the personas they create.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Some of the technical information above I don't understand at all!

I've seen Firefox 3.6 mentioned on my home Firefox page. I get the occasional Firefox 3.5 updates but haven't had one yet for Firefox 3.6. It's much better than Internet Explorer, however you don't have the 'click' noise when you click on buttons, icons etc. I know there are Firefox add-ons but don't know where to go to get the 'click' noise add-on.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lady3Jane

Some of the technical information above I don't understand at all!

I've seen Firefox 3.6 mentioned on my home Firefox page. I get the occasional Firefox 3.5 updates but haven't had one yet for Firefox 3.6. It's much better than Internet Explorer, however you don't have the 'click' noise when you click on buttons, icons etc. I know there are Firefox add-ons but don't know where to go to get the 'click' noise add-on.

Here is my thing ;-).

..I'm not exactly sure if I understand your problem correctly. I think that click sound is something Windows Internal which may only work with Internet Explorer (not, haven't checked yet, may depend on IE and Windows version).

I for my part, found the clicking noise rather annoying but it I understand that may make be convenient for some users.

as for Mozilla Add-ons, you can find all add ons on this website

I may even have found the add on you were login for. It's called Navigational Sounds 1.2.1

Hope that helps?

As for a MillenniuM persona: Some XF one where added but sadly still no MLM ones.

Thank you so much for sharing the links. I love the one that looks like a doodle on a slip of paper. Very creative. I really should get around to trying to do something for Millennium fans. As soon as there is an eighth day in the week I guess :oneeyedwinK

Eth

• 4 months later...