Edge of Darkness...Bob Peck must be spinning in his grave!

Guest Black's Babe

Guest Black's Babe

This is one of the most UNECESSARY remakes, why Martin Campbell?

Right down there with George Sluizer's HORRID American remake of Spoorloos.

Edited by Black's Babe

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BB,

I haven't seen this but boy have I seen the slaughtering it has received at IMDB. Now I know that IMDB is not the nicest of haunts and most things are slaughtered there but even without seeing this I do agree with many of the comments posted. It is, in my opinion, time to stop this tiresome trend of remaking things. I have not seen a single, not one, remake that I have enjoyed more than the original film.

Now I have to confess to not liking Mel Gibson, (homophobic, sexist and anti-semetic folk tend not to attract my company) but I was willing to give this a chance as I loved Peck in the original series (which more than deserved it's 7 wins & 5 nominations IMHO) but I'm guessing this is probably another a remake I should spare myself of.

Anyone else seen it?

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

I've seen the trailer for the Edge of Darkness remake on TV, but I'm not planning on seeing it at the cinema. Bought the original TV series on DVD a few months ago (not watched it yet). What also annoys me (along with the constant film remakes) is the attitude towards older films and TV shows, calling them dated. That's getting very annoying now.