After Dark Horrorfest

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I haven't put this year in the thread title as After Dark Horrorfest is an annual horror films festival (this year's is the 4th season). Below is the URL link to a ShockTillYouDrop DVD news article about this year's 8 new films. They're being released on Region 1 DVD on 23rd March. One of these films is Lake Mungo, which I posted about in the General Horror Movies discussion thread this week. There are trailers for most or all of the films in this year's After Dark season on STYD's website, which you can access when clicking on the film titles in the DVD news article below:

After Dark Horrorfest 2010 DVD news (Region 1) - ShockTillYouDrop.com news article

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WaveCrest

Lake Mungo is already available on Region 4 DVD, and has more extras on it compared to the Region 1 disc being released in March. Extras are deleted scenes, a commentary with cinematographer & producer, and a trailer (source: ezyDVD).

I watched the trailer to Lake Mungo and I like the format. From what I have read, people who have seen the film seem to regard it as some sort of hybrid between Twin Peaks and The Blair Witch Project and there are a number of individuals ready to proclaim this as the movie that Paranormal Activity should have been. I was really interested to read of people who had to turn the film off, or who couldn't watch it in the dark, despite being seasoned fans of horror.

On the other hand there were those who said it was the most boring film they had ever seen and it really seems to be a trend at the moment that any film has to be either the best film ever made or the worst.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating I guess so I will certainly give this one a spin.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• 7 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

I was surprised when reading a horror films website's news article about one of Lance's most recent new films, Scream of the Banshee. It will be one of this year's AfterDark series. :thumbsup:

It looks to me like it could be getting a release under the title "Banshee" as the artwork being touted for it certainly looks that way. I do hope so, I'm much for in favour of that as a title.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png