The Nightmare on Elm Street movies

Guest WaveCrest

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter was on the soundtrack to "A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child" I believe. And yes, you'll get no arguments from me. The anaglyph portion of the 6th movie was distinctly unimpressive. As it was only ten minutes of the entire film you would think they could have come up with something which actually flaunted the 3D effects and play to the strengths of the medium rather than simply film any-old-tut and make it 3D.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Just watched a new trailer on Zap2it.com for the Nightmare on Elm Street remake coming out in April in the US. It looks quite good. I hope the original sequels will get spruced up DVD and Blu-ray releases. The 1984 original is getting a Region 1 Blu-ray release.

• 1 month later...
Guest WaveCrest

I've updated the TIWWA calendar to show when the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street opens in US, Canadian, UK and Iceland cinemas. The source of the cinema release dates is the IMDb. I couldn't see anything on the IMDb for a Finland cinema release date.

Guest WaveCrest

The BBFC website on Thursday passed the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, not surprisingly giving it an 18 certificate. It has a running time of 95 minutes and 22 seconds, and has the following consumer advice "Contains strong bloody violence and threat".

The BBFC website on Thursday passed the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, not surprisingly giving it an 18 certificate. It has a running time of 95 minutes and 22 seconds, and has the following consumer advice "Contains strong bloody violence and threat".

BEER----> Why else would you go see it if not for the blood and guts?

BELCH

Agreed. It reminds me of those warnings that were far more common a decade ago that would warn, in serious tones, that the following program contained graphic depictions of violence and horror and so on. I always used to think "...great, I better grab the pringles.."

I've seen more and more clips of this film of late and I am really hopeful that this may be the remake that bucks the trend of pointless remakes. :thumbsup:

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

It's something the BBFC started doing a few years ago. I think they've added content information for DVD titles for a longer time than they have with cinema releases of old and new films.

I find it interesting that Warner Brothers are distributing the Elm Street remake in the UK. I know they own the rights to the syndicated TV series Freddy's Nightmares, but they don't own the rights to the original seven films.