How Much Luck Have You Had Showing Mlm To Others?

Rate this topic

Guest MyDarkSide

...i have a new 'millennium' convert here at home.  i've just started showing MM to my partner.  he'd never seen it previously, so it was wonderful to watch the entire first season with him.  it was new to him, and gave me the chance to find symbolism, subtleties and themes which seemed to repeat throughout the course of the series.

...without any spoilers, i simply told him before watching 'lamentation' that the whole overall series arc was being turned up to 'broil'.  his response to bletch in the basement was priceless, and was amplified when he saw the end of 'paper dove'.

...thus far he is disappointed with season 2 (we're on 'sense and antisense').  he's not fond of the dialogue, and feels that frank's subtlety is gone.  he's turning into a big fan of chip j's stories though, which i truly enjoy, since i feel that chip j wrote some AMAZING stories.

...inspired by the virtual fourth season, i wrote a handful of fan-fic 'scriptments', and i'm looking forward to sharing them when we're done with season 3.  i can't wait to show him 'borrowed time', which is my favorite MM episode.

j

:ouro:

WELCOME to This is who we are.... and CONGRATULATIONS on your new convert!

Hopefuly, you can soon persuade him to join, too! The more the merrier! :bigsmile::ouro:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Xcalibrate

Having only watch one or two episodes of Millennium, this was a few years ago, and not remembering much about it, I decided to purchase the box set ( at £33.00 it's hardly a loss ) on a spare of the moment whim. I do not watch Television these days because of the dire quality it, all too often, serves up and I usually obtain my entertainment from DVD box sets.

I sat down with my partner and pressed play on the remote. We were hooked even more so after the pivotal episode Force Majore. Episodes were consumed with a passion I haven't had since Firefly. Superb and eagerly awaiting season 2.

Converts? Only one as yet but he himself is now hooked, and two others are going to buy the box set on my recommendation.

Guest Oraborous

I have been unable to get others interested in MLM,I think you either get it or you don't and you usually know if you get it or not within the first two episodes but,I will keep trying :ouro:

Edited by Oraborous

Guest Xircuits

I began watching the show on a whim. I was looking for something interesting to watch. I was living in China at the time and there weren't many American/English television shows, but if there was a new one I ate it up like candy.

The channel that MillenniuM was being shown had Chinese subtitles on it and I watched it religiously. Not because of the Chinese subtitles, but I got soo into Lance Henriksen. Soon my mother was asking me what is all this about Lance Henriksen and Millennium. I told her to watch it with me I believe it showed Wednesday nights at 9-10pm. I'd have to say, after a few episodes I successfully converted my mother into a Millennium watcher. The bad news is that we moved to a different city in China that didn't have this channel and all the English channels weren't showing MillenniuM. Deeming it too scary for most viewers, but they showed The X-Files on Star World. Oh well...I'm soo happy that the DVD is out, but I wish the DVD would contain Chinese subtitles. Maybe I'll be able to find a bootleg copy in China that has Chinese subtitles soon. I hope so. I really enjoyed watching Millennium with my mother. Afterwards, we would discuss some of the topics that came up in the episode. My mother never complained about the images. In fact I think I remember her telling the images enhance the story and that it was good.

My brother wants nothing to do with horror. And my father likes the X-Files only because he's a UFO fanatic. He's not into serial killers. Eh...

I have also had little success, my boss is borrowing my dvd's and has gotten to the second one. SO far all he has said is "I can't eat while watching it and it makes me depressed"

I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. They don;t seem to get it and all I can think is They don't know what they are missing.

Guest Xircuits
I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. They don;t seem to get it and all I can think is They don't know what they are missing.

Feel special for that for we are the few and far in between. I think that people who understand and enjoy watching Millennium are set apart from others. Hey, it got a talented actor, Lance Henriksen, and a genius writer, Chris Carter to work together didn't it? :grin2:

Well, I'd say I've converted two people to Millennium.

Late last year, and early this year, a good friend of mine was stationed in Afghanistan. I sent various disks his way to keep him sane, and as he'd never seen Millennium, I sent him the entire series of the course of a few months, on SVCD. He enjoyed the show. :)

I've also had some success in converting my girlfriend to the show. She's watched a bunch of episodes with me, and said she missed out on the show when it first aired because she thought it was sci-fi. (And there, to me, lies the problem inherent in marketting Millennium as "From the creator of The X-Files").

Edited by JRC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jabina

I was successful interesting someone in Millennium. But I didn't show my friend just MM episodes. We watched a few Lance movies too and a week after her visiting me, I got a message from her I had infected her.

Jabina

Guest Guilfoyle

Recently, I got the MM DVD box set and watched it a lot of times downstairs (hehehe...AC!). A lot of times, my landlord aka Mom, would wake up before the episode was over, make her coffee and come sit in there. I guess that got her interested in watched the rest of the shows and so she's got my set to watch more episodes, heh. And this is a woman that hates the X-Files with a passion, lol. I guess I'm lucky she's a good Mom, though, because back when the X-Files movie came out in theaters, she agreed to take me and my sister opening night :)

The thing is, though, is that this same way is how I've managed to get my sister interested in the things I like. I got her into the X-Files, U2, and CSI (she was really into X-Files...even wrote Fox to get Gillian's and David's autographs, hehe). I think at one point I even got her into wrestling, which I can't stand now. I also got her into hockey. Maybe I should try to get my entire workplace addicted to Millennium. I only have 50+ people to convert ;)