The Howling

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

As there seemed some interest in the Howling horror film series I thought I'd start a thread for the films. The first film was shown a few times on ITV3 or ITV4 over the course of a few weeks. Howling II has been shown in the UK recently I'm sure.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howling is a superb film. I'm fairly sure it's the first horror movie I ever saw. Myself and friend found his father's copy of the movie and watched it though the cracks in our fingers.

I still don't quite understand what went wrong with the sequels. With a film as well realised as the first and years of years of lycanthropy myths and legends to plunder for inspiration and ideas it all went down-hill from the first sequel.

I know we have mentioned Howling III in another thread and though it is marginally better than Howling II it has some of the worst concepts of the entire franchise: the baby werewolf sequence, the ballerina werewolf, werewolf nuns, the werewolf being blown up by bazooka and the zombie werewolf skeleton etc.

Just bizarre :confused:

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

As there seemed some interest in the Howling horror film series I thought I'd start a thread for the films. The first film was shown a few times on ITV3 or ITV4 over the course of a few weeks. Howling II has been shown in the UK recently I'm sure.

Bless you Richard, I love this movie, one of my favorites thumbsup.gif I still love the original, I think its the best. The Howling has never been remade has it?

Laura :)

Guest WaveCrest

The Howling has never been remade has it?

Laura :)

I didn't know there were plans to remake The Howling. They really are running out of ideas for new films aren't they?