You Live Where?!

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

Guest se7en

...just learned today that an ancient-(well, okay just a few hundred years old)- evil resides in my home state of Vermont. In the west/central part of the state lies a town with the name of-(AND I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!)- "SATANS KINGDOM". What THE hell?! ...how sweet it must be to raise children in SATANS KINGDOM.- :eyes: ...or going to church, if they have any(!) in SATANS KINGDOM. ...And when people apply for loans or go on vacation or business travel how many REALLY strange looks must it's residents get when they say or write down that they reside in "SATANS KINGDOM?"- :blush: ...halloween must be really interesting in that town! :thinking_big:

STRANGE BUT TRUE,

se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! Thats a great name. In North Wales we have a town called:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

This Welsh town on the island of Anglesey is only known due to the fact that it has a very long name, and is the longest railway station name in Britain, and probably the longest domain name in the world.

The name translates as 'St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio of the red cave'.

Originally called Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll, which means 'The Mary church by the pool near the white hazels' the village was renamed in the 19th Century.

This was around the time when the railway was built between Chester and Holyhead at the beginning of the 1850s. A local committee was put together to try and encourage trains, travellers and 19th Century tourists to stop at the village in order to help develop the village as a commercial and tourist centre. It is believed that the name Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch was invented by a cobbler from Menai Bridge; little did he know that he had implemented one of the most successful tourist marketing plans of all time. Today the village is signposted as Llanfairpwllgwyngyll and is known to locals as Llanfairpwll or Llanfair.

Guest Echelon

LOL I would love to live in both those towns! Just so I can say " I live in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" *Snort* I would hate to mail somthing from there though....

Must be quite a tourist attraction with that long name.

Four people would have to buy a merchandise t-shirt pack and stand beside each other to fully be able to show off "I LOVE Llanfairpwllg......."

:D

tobyx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fledgling666

there's town in Texas called "Hell"

it has a couple gas stations, some nearby homes and some ranchland. that's about it. i guess i'd be calling it "hell" too if i lived there.

• 8 months later...

There's a town in Michigan called Hell too. I have a friend from there. It's very, very small. IIRC, they don't actualy have a post office, but take the mail to a general store (or somewhere) where it's later collected - but first stampted in red ink with the words "this letter's been through Hell" (or something like that)

- nothing :devil:

There's a town in Michigan called Hell too. I have a friend from there. It's very, very small. IIRC, they don't actualy have a post office, but take the mail to a general store (or somewhere) where it's later collected - but first stampted in red ink with the words "this letter's been through Hell" (or something like that)

- nothing :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anyone here from California?? there is a town off the I15 near Baker called ZZYXX...here is a pic of the road sign

post-1098-1114629495_thumb.jpg

I've been to Hell, Grand Cayman Island. I think the diving there was heaven, though.

I took the attached picture hiking a trail named Hell's Hole. When I got home I noticed the blue area of the pic. (bottom left) and blew it up. What I saw there blew my mind. I can't explain it. It looks like a two headed man or something? You can make out legs in a jumping motion? I was freaked out for a week or so. Some try to explain it as water on my lens? It was taken with a digital, so it has to be something the lens took in,and not some kind of film error. What do you think? Did I capture a ghost or something?

I have hiked the trail sense (great aspen hike in the fall), with no further spookiness.

post-1-1114679835_thumb.jpg

I've removed your image because it was 2MB is size! I've turned it into a 185k version which is 1024x768. The Old Man
Edited by The Old Man