You Live Where?!

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

Guest fledgling666
I've been to Hell, Grand Cayman Island.  I think the diving there was heaven, though.

I took the attached picture hiking a trail named Hell's Hole.  When I got home I noticed the blue area of the pic. (bottom left) and blew it up.  What I saw there blew my mind.  I can't explain it.  It looks like a two headed man or something?  You can make out legs in a jumping motion?  I was freaked out for a week or so.  Some try to explain it as water on my lens?  It was taken with a digital, so it has to be something the lens took in,and not some kind of film error.  What do you think?  Did I capture a ghost or something?

I have hiked the trail sense (great aspen hike in the fall), with no further spookiness.

post-1-1114679835_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you mean this?

1114699366_p6160209__large_crop.jpg

if so, it could be a great many things, but ghost would be last on my list. the "legs" could be a cedar stump with no bark, a bird or insect in mid flight between the camera and the ground, or- what it really looks like- an accidental double exposure or reflected scene. if reflected, that would explain why only the pants show up and not a shirt, but then you have flesh color for a face in there, or a hand, whatever it might be. a reflected image will not pick up black, just the absence of any other color in the area where black would reflect if it did reflect any light. this is why the greenery behind shows through. the "pants" are probably light, worn blue jeans, if this is indeed a reflection. the figure is standing at an odd and impossible angle to the intended scenery, meaning, there is not likely an actual human being down there, unless they are running and you have a moderately quick shutterspeed- quick enough to catch something, but not quick enough for it to be clear. the angle suggests a reflection of someone close by you while the photo is being taken, most likely to your right as the reflection is on the left of the photo, but depending on the number and curvature of the lenses in your camera, or attached to your camera, the reflected figure could also be on your left. in fact, if you wear glasses or if your eye were not completely blocking the viewfinder, the reflection could even come from behind you or far off to one side in an SLR (single lense reflex) camera. if you look the impossible angle also seems to have a shadow directly beneath it and not extending along the same angle of the ground in the photo- another indication of refelction or of double exposure. the figure does not match the scenery at all and therefore, i vote for reflection. were you with anyone? were they near you? wearing a black or very dark shirt? blue jeans? perhaps and knit winter cap? gloves? were you wearing glasses? is it an SLR?

I was alone. I saw maybe three other hikers while on the trail. I was wearing blue, and only black on the soles of my boots; and no glasses. My eye was very tight against camera viewer.

There had been some light rain,and even a little hail, so reflection could have come from water on me or nearby? I like your examination of this, but how to explain what looks like two calves with two shoes with black soles at such an odd angle?

The speed was on auto focus with the optical zoom all the way down.

Guest fledgling666

how hard would it be for you to get back there?

here's why- when i find something odd in my photos, which i have, i like to go back and inspect the area to make sure it weasn't just a stump or a reflection of some water or something like that. other than that, a double exposure is my next guess, which is still plausible with everything i pointed out for it being a reflection.

how hard would it be for you to get back there?

here's why- when i find something odd in my photos, which i have, i like to go back and inspect the area to make sure it weasn't just a stump or a reflection of some water or something like that. other than that, a double exposure is my next guess, which is still plausible with everything i pointed out for it being a reflection.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will get back there in June.. after the snow melts and look around.. I don't think dgital cameras are able to do double exposures.. they just put new data over the old?

Must be quite a tourist attraction with that long name.

Four people would have to buy a merchandise t-shirt pack and stand beside each other to fully be able to show off "I LOVE Llanfairpwllg......."

:D

tobyx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not sure if a t shirt would be adequate on that name, might need a souvenir banner or something larger

we have a town in Arkansas called "Sleep", its kind of an eerie town, about 35 miles any direction to another town, its in the north central part of the state where its almost completely rural and undevoloped, my wife and i found it mistakenly on vacation a few yera back when we were traveling through to st louis. we stopped at a cafe and got gas the people were very strange, i got a very "Salem's Lot" feeling off everyone we encountered, anyway, we bolted and never came back but it was very eerie...

there's  town in Texas called "Hell"

it has a couple gas stations, some nearby homes and some ranchland. that's about it. i guess i'd be calling it "hell" too if i lived there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds like paradise to me..lol, but then again i live in the city..

• 2 months later...
I will get back there in June.. after the snow melts and look around.. I don't think dgital cameras are able to do double exposures.. they just put new data over the old?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sooooo...did you find anything? :eyes:

Guest kath

there is a town in west virginia called Nowhere, and another town that is north of it called.... North of Nowhere... really!

there is a town in PA called, AnyTown.

There is a small town in Pa called Mars- it has a space ship in one of the yards that is a tree house and is made from Aluminium. they have a whole range of products for souveneers. Not much in the town though-

there is a place in new york called Hells Kitchen, and a place in PA called Devils Hollow, and that place was used as a foundery- its just a vertical hole in the ground that they used to smelt glass in.

I looked at the photo, and there are a few reasons why that mark could happen, one is mist coming up from the ground and the other is more of a flair of light, if you look higher up in the photo, you do see some light flair. With out seeing the printed version of it, it is hard to tell, and a negative image would be helpful, but... the best you can do is save it then reverse the color and sometimes things show up that way. You can also tell if the image has been tampered with as the pixels never lie.

Kath