2010-11 Fall TV Season

Here are some note worthy TV series coming this fall season. Don't have a lot of details but it sure sounds fun.

I am only highlighting a few that are of intrest:

CBS:

Criminal Mind spin off starring Forest Whitaker

Hawaii 5-0: brand new!

NBC:

Undercovers: JJ Abrams new series

Prime Suspect: A redux of the BBC series

Rockford Files: Another Reboot

ABC:

No Ordinary Family: a new series for Micheal Chiklis

FOX

Ride Along: An ensemble cop show put together by Shawn Ryan.

• Elders (Admins)

Fox has picked up Ridealong by Shawn Ryan - I cannot wait for this..!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

This is going to sound really churlish but I cannot conceive of anyone bringing anything to the part of Jane Tennison that could in any way rival Helen Mirren's performance in that role. Mirren has won an Academy Award, four SAG Awards, four BAFTAs, three Golden Globes and four Emmy Awards during her career as well as being nominated for the aforementioned more times than I can count. A number of those awards were as a result of her portrayal of Tennison. Those are big shoes to fill and I just can't see who could do that justice. I hate to say it but I can't even see big hitters like Moore being able to pull it off.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Daniel Dae Kim has been cast in the role of Chin Ho Kelly (played by Kam Fong in the original Hawaii Five-O series), along with Grace Park, Scott Caan (in the role of "Danno" Danny Williams) and Alex O' Loughlin as Steve McGarrett. More information about ths casting is on The Hawaii Five-O Home Page. I'm reserving judgement on the revival of the series until it premieres this autumn.

I've read I think on Zap2it in the week who has been cast in the role of Jim Rockford. I hope they use a similar car to the one James Garner drove in the original series.

They should stop with all those spin-offs and reboots.

I'm quite curious about the JJ Abrams show, although I think there has already been a show that had a similar title to Undercovers.

I wonder what that Micheal Chiklis thing is, hope it's not a sit-com.

And I welcome anything from Shawn Ryan, shame The Unit bit the dust. They always cancel the good shows :( I bet it was because they changed the bloody theme music, I hate when that happens!

At least they acknowledged it in Monk in a funny way, I still think the original music should have stayed. Randy Newman is too quirky, even for Monk!

I'm not depressed, just quiet.

Jósef's Visual Musings:

http://cheersfromiceland.blogspot.com/

Guest SouthernCelt

I wasn't a big Five-0 fan but rebooting The Rockford Files is a sin.

I'm right there with you!

I wonder what that Micheal Chiklis thing is, hope it's not a sit-com.

From what I have read Josef, it sure looks like it could be. The premise seems comedic as the show deals with a family, of which Chiklis is the head, of super-powered individuals. It seems a little too late for my liking. In the wake of Heroes, and before the show began haemorrhaging viewers, there was a slew of shows that picked up the super-powered baton and ran with it. In the UK alone I can think of three(ish) comedy shows that utilised a similar format to the Chiklis show and only one of them has thus far survived the axe.

It all feels a bit 'been there done that' for me.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

This is going to sound really churlish but I cannot conceive of anyone bringing anything to the part of Jane Tennison that could in any way rival Helen Mirren's performance in that role. Mirren has won an Academy Award, four SAG Awards, four BAFTAs, three Golden Globes and four Emmy Awards during her career as well as being nominated for the aforementioned more times than I can count. A number of those awards were as a result of her portrayal of Tennison. Those are big shoes to fill and I just can't see who could do that justice. I hate to say it but I can't even see big hitters like Moore being able to pull it off.

Eth

Ditto for me, couldn't have said it better myself. My vote would always be for Helen Mirren, one of the best actors ever.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Ah, yes. They did show that here in Iceland, I just didn't watch it (there are just too many shows to watch, I only watch my shows and hardly consider anything else unless it sounds good). But saw commercials about it. But it was much later than 2001 for sure.

I'm not depressed, just quiet.

Jósef's Visual Musings:

http://cheersfromiceland.blogspot.com/