Justified

HighPlainsDrifter

This new series is based on Elmore Leonard's character Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens. Givens is played by Timothy Olyphant. This series starts tonight at 10/9CT on FX. The drama and action rivals FX's The Shield. It is compared to a modern day Deadwood. Time Magazine gave it a rave review

Guest WaveCrest

Is this the first time an Elmore Leonard book/novel has been turned into a TV series, or an Elmore Leonard character has been a character in a TV series? I know over the last 15-20 years there have been a few films adapted from Elmore Leonard books/novels (like Get Shorty and a Christopher Walken film whose name I can't remember at this time).

I want give the plot away but I really enjoyed the pilot episode called "Fire in The Hole" A familiar face Walton Goggins from The Shield appears in this series. Not sure if its me or not but Timothy Olyphant sure reminds me of a young Clint Eastwood. Its great to see a Cowboy Hat Wearing Marshall again.

Guest WaveCrest

Is this the first time an Elmore Leonard book/novel has been turned into a TV series, or an Elmore Leonard character has been a character in a TV series? I know over the last 15-20 years there have been a few films adapted from Elmore Leonard books/novels (like Get Shorty and a Christopher Walken film whose name I can't remember at this time).

Can anyone answer my question?

Did the pilot episode start late or will it be just the pilot episode which will have a longer running time?

Wavecrest, to answer your question I tried to dig up more info on your question. IMDB has listed some short lived TV series that Leonard had been involved with like: Maximum Bob and Karen Sisco.

Came across some interesting details about Justified. The music score is done by Steve Porcaro. Steve was an original member of rock-pop group Toto. Which happens to be one of my all time favorite bands.

• Elders (Admins)

This sounds really interesting, thanks for the heads up! I wish you guys would set up a team blog here at TIWWA with this sort of thing, I reckon you'd all do a great job!

I really like Timothy Olyphant (he was excellent in Deadwood and superb if not born to play his role in Hitman), and it will also be great to see Walter Goggins again. God I miss The Shield.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

BEER---> It started right on time - 10 pm. Guess they wanted to give the viewers a little extra or a couple of extra commercials. FX re-aired it directly after it's first showing (11:10), which they do very often with a lot of their shows.

BELCH

Guest WaveCrest

With it being the pilot episode I'm not too surprised it ran for 70 minutes (with ads). It happens with some shows these days (the episodes in Fringe's first season were longer than an hour on Sky 1 with ads), having longer pilots than the regular episodes which follow it in the first season. You also have feature length pilots as well.

Being an FX show I will guess that Justified will be shown in the UK (if Justified does well and is bought by a UK station/channel) on FX (that seems the obvious one, but The Shield was premiered in the UK on Five, and Nip/Tuck started I think on Sky 1, before moving to FX).