Red Velvet...Starring Henry Thomas

Guest Black's Babe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a slasher flick.

I like Henry Thomas and especially in "The Last Sin Eater", Legends of the Fall," and "Fire In The Sky."

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Fire in the Sky is criminally underrated, got to track down that dvd.

I totally agree.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

"Fire In The Sky" is a great film but then anything with Ten Thirteen alumni, D.B. Sweeney and Robert Patrick is worth checking out in my book.

I have heard of Red Velvet but haven't yet come across it to purchase and it certainly hasn't been broadcast on British TV. It seems as though it's the originality of the film that is impressing those that have grown weary of the repetitiveness of the slasher genre.

Am I right in thinking it's one of those films that pulls the rug out from under you as well? I'm sure I've read that the ending is pretty shocking.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest Black's Babe

"Fire In The Sky" is a great film but then anything with Ten Thirteen alumni, D.B. Sweeney and Robert Patrick is worth checking out in my book.

I have heard of Red Velvet but haven't yet come across it to purchase and it certainly hasn't been broadcast on British TV. It seems as though it's the originality of the film that is impressing those that have grown weary of the repetitiveness of the slasher genre.

Am I right in thinking it's one of those films that pulls the rug out from under you as well? I'm sure I've read that the ending is pretty shocking.

Eth

I wasn't suprised at the fate of the lead characters, but it's a fun ride getting to the end.

The film doesn't take itself too seriously, plus Henry Thomas looks like he's having a blast.

In "Fire In The Sky" I was very impressed with D. B. Sweeney's performance. And yes, it is one heck of a ride. ghostface.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

I haven't seen the trailer for Red Velvet but I have heard of it and that it stars Henry Thomas. Can't remember where I first heard about it (possibly on a horror films website or in a film magazine).

Haven't seen Fire in the Sky but it's one of the films I've been meaning to get on DVD.

<ahttps://www.millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/uploads/emoticons/unsure.png' alt=':confused:'> It's not available at Amazon.co.uk as far as I can see so I guess you need to purchase it directly from the website. $9.99 is a bargain so I'm going to do just that. Here's hoping my DVD player behaves itself as it sometimes has a 'moment' when playing R1 DVDs despite its supposed ability to do just that.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Off topic but in relation to the end of your last post Mark...I bought a few weeks ago a R4 DVD of film noir Double Indemnity. Region 4 discs do play on Region 2 players. But this one didn't! It did play on my multi-region player though, which I use for my Region 1 discs.