Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

20953_313055847872_611347872_4705944_1053228_n.jpg

"She will come in a boat, like the daughters of Danaus and the Virgin of Bologne-sur-mer. She fed the saint which inspired the warrior monks to dig up the stable of a thousand horses and take their treasure to help the angels build the churches. Their treasure returned to Bethania and at the cutting of the elm they asked themselves, 'Whom does one serve by virtue of serving the Grail?' Thus, the sorcerer kings become The Family."

Dear friends,

As you may know, a few of us have banded together with the aim of providing a little entertainment for members of this forum over the Easter weekend. I would like to bring one such project to your attention. On Saturday 3rd April at 20:00 GMT we would like to invite you to a Skype gathering of Millennium fans with a view to spending out time discussing all things "Owls" and "Roosters". If you have a microphone headset you can join your friends online to talk in real time about the show we all love and the episodes we have chosen to be the centre of our Easter theme.

If you would like to take part in this event all you have to do is forward to your email address to me (via PM if you like) and I can ensure that you are added to my list of Skype contacts and that will allow me to call you all on the above date and time so that we can get chatting.

Here's hoping you will take up this fantastic opportunity not only to chat to the folk behind the screen names but to enjoy a little Millennium focussed fun during the holidays.

This is who we are!

Eth

• Like 1

Wow, wowee, you're collecting the email addresses and making the calls. Thank you so much. This kid was stressing over that because I only just downloaded Skype and haven't a clue how it works. I am still somewhat confused on what time 20:00 GMT is in the US at let's say, Chicago, which is a city in the central time zone. We have various times here in the US depending upon where you live, and not all states do the daylight savings thing. I personally wish they would do away with it. It was originally established during the war to give more light during the day for workers. We really don't need it anymore.

• Like 1

Hi Darlene,

As far as I am aware CT is GMT -5hrs so the time for you would be 15:00 hrs. I'm hoping someone from the land across the sea will pop in and confirm this but it looks about right from the charts I am viewing.

Don't worry about Skype, we will get the help to you before the big day arrives and thank you so much for wanting to take part in it I know a number of people are already signed up so it should be good, good fun. I believe one of our members is going to talk you through Skype so please holler when you are good to go and I will add you to the list then,

Roll up folks, the more the merrrier!

Eth

• Like 1

I looked at a world clock and saw that we are 5 hours different in time now after daylight savings. I have a girlfriend who lives in Poole so I am always watching the clock so she and I can be online at the same time to chat. Guess I got confused with the military time of 15:00, which is 3 PM. That would make it 8 PM in the UK, right?

• Like 1

Yep that's right Darlene, 3:00pm your time 8:00pm UK time.

I'm really looking forward to having the chance to chat to you and all the other good folk from here who are taking part. That said, I need watch "Owls" and "Roosters" again so I am as fresh as a daisy.

Eth

• Like 1

actually daylight savings time is very important to those who live a rural life but must work a day time job to survive, not to mention as it saves electricity [and money].

Thank you Eth for taking on this challenge and creating a bit of excitment. :thumbsup::grouphug:

• Like 1

Thank you Walkabout,

If anyone is a little unsure about taking part then let me tell you how much fun things like this can be. A few of us have gotten together in the past to chat "Millennium" and more besides and there's structure, no rigid format, merely a group of Millennium fans having a healthy debate about the show. More often than not it has gone off topic, been an excuse for a lot of laughing and everyone who has taken part has enjoyed these in the past.

Now I'm not overly fond of Skype, it just feels odd to me for reasons I can't fathom, but after a few minutes it really does feel like you are in the company of old friends and I know all the folks that are taking part on Saturday are warm, funny and welcoming so don't let shyness put you off at all.

The time is near, time to be part of The Group :oneeyedwinK

Eth

• Like 1

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Oh skype is wonderful best invention of all time especially when you have friends that live across the pond and you can't get on the phone and call them cause it will cost you an arm and a leg. Skype is cheap easy and affordable and yes Nut, 8pm UK time is 3pm EST. You are in OK so im not sure, what is your time difference in relation to EST? Im in KY so im in the EST. makingeyes.gif Now with that being said Skype is the best but only if certain friends would use it more often cause you can't just call them up all the time on the phone cause its expensive and when you would really like to talk to them but they live a billion miles away, skype is a girls best friend. makingeyes.gif

Laura :)

actually daylight savings time is very important to those who live a rural life but must work a day time job to survive, not to mention as it saves electricity [and money].

My apologies Walkabout, it never occured to me that daylight savings time would still be important, and I can see how it would be in rural life. Thanks for the heads up.

Now I hear there's 6 hours difference between the UK and here in Oklahoma. We are on central time.

Hey Spook, are you calling me to help me with Skype or is someone else? My headset is hooked up but need a trial run, and I haven't a clue how to set it up with everyone's address. j_sad.gif

• Like 1