Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Can we change the date of the next Skype group chat to Friday 30th July at 8 pm UK time (2 pm US Central Time and 3 pm US East Coast Time)? Laura is unable to make it for a group chat next Friday, so is it possible if we change the date of the next Skype group chat to the Friday after that (30th July)?

Howdy Skypers.

So wonderful to see you guys planning and plotting the next group. You really are the best. It's wonderful to know that this forum is in such good hands. If the suggestion for Friday 30th July at 8 pm UK time (2 pm US Central Time and 3 pm US East Coast Time) still stands I should be able to make it though it is more likely to be around 9pm GMT when I am around. Don't let that derail your plans folks. We rarely have everyone online and ready to go on the hour anyway and I will simply jump in and join the chat when I am back from a friends. Such a shame I missed an opportunity to hear your dulcet tones folks but who knows? Maybe we should have a karaoke session one week? I can't sing mind, I have a vocal chord problem I have just invented but I would be very happy to listen to you guys giving it some gusto? :whistling:

Here's to the next meeting of The Family, let the cheese and crackers flow.

This is who we are!

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Howdy Skypers.

So wonderful to see you guys planning and plotting the next group. You really are the best. It's wonderful to know that this forum is in such good hands. If the suggestion for Friday 30th July at 8 pm UK time (2 pm US Central Time and 3 pm US East Coast Time) still stands I should be able to make it though it is more likely to be around 9pm GMT when I am around. Don't let that derail your plans folks. We rarely have everyone online and ready to go on the hour anyway and I will simply jump in and join the chat when I am back from a friends. Such a shame I missed an opportunity to hear your dulcet tones folks but who knows? Maybe we should have a karaoke session one week? I can't sing mind, I have a vocal chord problem I have just invented but I would be very happy to listen to you guys giving it some gusto? :whistling:

Here's to the next meeting of The Family, let the cheese and crackers flow.

This is who we are!

Eth

I was in the choir but i can't sing mind you. lol I was always stuck in the back lol :)

Laura :)

Why not set it for both days? I just don't see how we can ever get "everybody" there at the same day and time. We've changed it twice already this month, and then before you know it, a whole month has gone by since we chatted. And, there ends up with too much confusion beforehand with some not knowing when. Maybe shoot for a schedule like the 1st and 3rd (13) Friday of every month, and those who can make it, make it. It might make it easier to get new people to join having it scheduled with something to look forward to, and if Mark can't make it then there should be a backup moderator.

Proud to say I was always in the front and did most soprano solos. I've pretty much done it all, but now-a-days, lucky to be breathing and walking. Ye ha.:whistling:

Cheese, crackers, and a glass of wine. :rock2:

20953_313055847872_611347872_4705944_1053228_n.jpg

OK folks. I hear you. Let's schedule this for the 23rd and the 30th which should provide ample opportunity for people to make one or both of them. I will certainly be there for both. The time remains, for both, 8:00pm GMT. Cheese, crackers and wine are mandatory.

So I guess we need some subjects people and I very happy to leave that up to you but I have a couple of suggestions for starting points that we can use as springboards for whatever else follows and these are....

Friday 23rd July - "A New Beginning" - A delve into the second season episode, "The Beginning And The End" as we look at the radical new feel for "Millennium" as Morgan and Wong took the show in a new direction and made the fateful decision, that still sparks debate today, to separate Frank and Catherine.

Friday 30th July - "As Bad As All That?" - We revisit the third season episode, "Human Essence" and pose the age old question, is the episode really as bad as people seem to think it is? A heady mixture of oriental magic, drug induced psychosis and a personal demon for Emma Hollis to confront, this episode is credited as being the moment at which the third season showrunner Michael Duggan was asked to leave the show but surely it has many redeeming features right? Or does it?

So, I'm hoping you can all make the dates folks. I have had a nice email from a chap at Facebook that would like to join us as our merry band of brothers gets bigger by the week.

Pick your date and be there. This is who we are!

Eth

Sounds good to me, but I can only be there at least 30 minutes to maybe an hour (if I can) since I'm supposed to go to work at 8 PM (9 PM for you UK'ers) for the season three discussion, I'm on night shift that weekend. But this weekend I'm not working and should make the Skype chat.

Mark, you're back with a vengeance, spouting discussion topics and ruling the board with an iron fist :D

Glad to have you back.