Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

Wonderful Josef, make what you can when you can my friend and that's all we can ask. It will be awesome to have the chance to chat to you guys again, I really missed being at the last one.

Two individuals from Facebook, Anthony and Loren, have already expressed their interest in joining us and I am trying to provide them with all the information they need to make that possible. I know you good people will make them extremely welcome if they do and it's wonderful to see The Family swelling its membership as each new group takes place.

And I don't know about ruling with an iron fist Josef. I'm not much of a ruler and everything I do is traditionally ham-fisted but I'll take the praise all the same, just because it make me laugh. :whistling:

Now you have all taken part in so many of these and you guys really are the experts and if there is anyway we can improve the experience for you and for our newer members then do not hesitate to make suggestions. If there are things you would like to see more of, and things you would like to see less of then, then shout out. It might merely be concerns about structure, content or timing. Whatever your thoughts do share them, it is important to appraise what we do as we do it so we can continue to offer the best possible experience for Millennium Fans as well as ensuring that TIWWA remains associated with quality.

So, here's to Friday!

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Well i know for sure that i won't be there this Friday the 23rd, i will be in my own drug induced psychosis after having my surgery on Thursday. lol I will try and make it to the next one though on the 30th. :makingeyes:

I do have a couple of suggestions and this is in no way me being bossy. :whistling: I would suggest that we have some form of a sign up sheet for those that can make it as to see how many we think are going to be there and plus speaking from experience with skype, if we have too many people on there we are going to get a lot of chatter i.e. people talking over each other and plus when you have too many on skype you can have a lot of dropping out and connection problems. Only some advice and not being a Bossy Betsy. lol :)

Laura :)

Alright. I know I can make the one this Friday, but next friday I might have to cut it short. My mother plans on dragging me to Pennsylvania for the weekend. I've got no interwebz :censored-1::aolhell:, no decent computer, and no television to speak of. I just hope work can get me out of it :w00t:

Yeah Mark, its damned good to have you back, just cause I was sick and tired of being on top all of the time. :WhipMeLucysaidFrank:

Guest OpiumAddict

thanks for the invite... this message group looks awesome... Not sure If I am the one you were referring to, but anyways.. thanks!!

Hi OpiumAddict,

Welcome to TIWWA. I hope you enjoy your time here as a member and make many new friends in the process. It's wonderful to see people like yourself join us and even better to have them join The Family. I am sure you will enjoy talking to everyone and discussing everyone's favourite subject: Millennium.

I was reading Laura's comments and I completely understand your concerns folks. Rest assure I have no intention to make this an open door policy as we could find the number of contributors unmanageable as Laura mentions. The Skype Files (our sister group over at XFNews) has around 20 contributors to some of its skype session but I believe not all of these are in the form of audio contributions, many people simply chat along using the message function in much the same way as the Spooky Groupies contribute to the Spooktalkular live shows.

I think we can comfortably handle groups of around seven chatties and considerably more texties (yup, I made those words up) and as there is rarely a meeting where everyone is able to make it, having a larger group of interested folk means the groups can have something of a rolling roll call with each meeting taking on a slightly different dynamic as the group changes.

Aside from the fact that we are bringing new people to the board we also keep the skype group dynamic with new faces but I do promise to make sure it doesn't get out of hand and I will ensure we never have a group with more members than can be accommodated by the format.

Don't forget to leave some welcome wishes for OpiumAddict folks.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Thats a good idea Mark, some can talk and some can just chat in the message area or we will call it the chat room. that way who wants to talk can and those who don't want to talk can just chat along together in the chat room. That way i think we will be able to handle more people and it will work out for those that want to join but may not have a lot to say on the topic at hand. :)

Laura :)

Guest WaveCrest

That seems like a good idea to me, to accommodate more people in the group chat.

Welcome to the forum OpiumAddict!

Okay there Mr. Snafu, speak for yourself. I for one am a member of the Nut House and refuse to move into the Pest House where all the spooks are. Na na na na na. Wuv oo.

Yes, OpiumAddict, welcome to the group, and our very nutty home away from home. :ouroborous: