Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

Howdy folks. True to my word I have created a poster that can be used to publicise the event. I made it look a little like a flyer as I prefer texture images to flat ones as they have a feeling of life about them, of movement. As I saved the file as a .psd it can simply be edited as when Richard gives the shout to include whatever information he would like adding or subtracting to it.

What I would suggest is that all of you who Facebook accounts upload this image to your gallery and post it to your profile. Get there word out there. We recruited Anthony from amongst our Facebook chums and he has proven to be a very welcome member to our group, one we all enjoy conversing with.

Whilst I am in the process of working out how best to add something to our profiles with regards to being Skype Group members I would suggest you insert something in your signature, if you would like, to point board members in the direction of this topic. A simple link will do for now but I am thinking of creating a small userbar that can be added to your signatures that will do the job very nicely indeed.

So, till then as the Mills Brothers sang....

Eth

skypeposter.jpg

Guest WaveCrest

I feel like I have taken over Mark's job, when I'm thinking of it as helping him out and taking a weight off his shoulders with starting the group call. That poster looks great Mark. :thumbsup:

The list below is of the TIWWA and Facebook members who will be/may be joining in with this Friday's Skype group chat (unless otherwise):

Anthony

Darlene

Josef

Kara ?

Kimon ?

Laura

Mark

Randee ?

Rhonda ?

Richard

Yatanis ?

As I saved the file as a .psd it can simply be edited as when Richard gives the shout to include whatever information he would like adding or subtracting to it.

You mean like when the next chat will be and the topic of discussion, that kind of thing?

What I would suggest is that all of you who Facebook accounts upload this image to your gallery and post it to your profile. Get there word out there. We recruited Anthony from amongst our Facebook chums and he has proven to be a very welcome member to our group, one we all enjoy conversing with.

Will do! :thumbsup:

Whilst I am in the process of working out how best to add something to our profiles with regards to being Skype Group members I would suggest you insert something in your signature, if you would like, to point board members in the direction of this topic. A simple link will do for now but I am thinking of creating a small userbar that can be added to your signatures that will do the job very nicely indeed.

We've got the line in people's TIWWA profiles where it shows their Skype membername, so I've thought my idea of a badge could be pointless. But then I've also thought it's nice to show you're a member of the Millennium: The Family group.

So, till then as the Mills Brothers sang....

Eth

I'm going to find this Mills Brothers song you're referring to Mark. I'm curious!

Hi Richard,

Here's Till Then. You will recognise the song from Matryoshka and and every time I hear it I immediately think of Lilly Unser sobbing as she reads her fathers letter but I digress.

Richard I want to assure you of two things. You are not taking anything from me. I am giving it to you willingly and with my intention to give you as much support as you need and I don't want you to feel pressured to do it either. I want to encourage everyone here to get as involved as they would like in things. TIWWA is your community and you are all free to do what you like within reason and we will support you. As you have shown such willingness and enthusiasm for the chats I am happy to leave them to you with my support of course but I want to repeat emphatically, this is only if you want to and you musn't feel overwhelmed by it. You have all of us to help you.

You're right about the psd. file Richard. I can simply update the image with whatever news you want to adding to it such as when the next group will be and what forthcoming chats will be about.

Anything else you need just holler my friend and keep up the sterling work.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Thanks Mark. :thumbsup: I'm happy to organise the Skype group chats, but I'm leaving you in charge as the moderator. Call me the silent moderator (unless I'm eating cheese and crackers in the background :oneeyedwinK ).

And I have only seen "Human Essence" from season 3, which explains why I didn't know what the Mills Brothers reference was.

I know Blueforce tracker. I know CPOF. I know Chabbernet and DCO. But I've never gotten into SKYPE. Who could tell me where to go to find out more about it before I do an endless search on the web? Any suggestions?

Hi Photeinos,

I'll certainly oblige you thought yours truly explaining anything technical is truly an example of the blind leading the blind but here goes. :whistling:

Skype is a free to download program that allows users to connect to each other online and chat. It can be used as a simple text-chat tool or, as in the case of the Skype Group, it can connect users in an audio conference call simply by plugging in your microphone/earphone combo and waiting for the all important call. Now as I said I am the least technically able person I know but I was able to get to grips with it almost immediately as it is self explanatory and although we all do hit a few hurdles now and again (usually with how to start a group call in the first place) we help each out and everything generally goes swimmingly.

As it's free I would encourage you to download it and have a look around and if anything in particular proves irksome you can drop by here for technical help and I'm sure someone will be able to provide it.

We'd love you to join one of out chats if you are interested and as they are such great fun it's well worth trying Skype out so that you can join us.

This is who we are!

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Howdy Photeinos,

Skype is easy peasy and if you have any questions just ask. :) You can find me on skype as spooktalkular. it is free to make a skype to skype call and you can make a skype to landline or mobile phone for a very low rate. :) Do you have a headset? you can find one for about $20.00. I hope you can join us in the chats, that would be great. :) I see you are in Texas, im in Kentucky. :)

Laura :)