Nowhere Man

Rate this topic

Sigil

This was a really interesting show that was cancelled before we could really learn any of the secrets, but I remember when it came out I was enthralled or maybe terrified with it. It was likely my first taste of Megan Gallagher as well.

The story was about aman whose identity was literally cancelled and he has no idea why. His wife does not know him, his credit cards are invalid, he has no SSN. It makes you wonder how you would deal if the same thing happened to you.

Any other fans out there?

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Yes I'm one! I loved this show when it was on, but amazingly, although I know she was in it, I cannot recall Meghan in it at all!

It was excellent, and I'd love to watch it again from the beginning.

Oh definitely a fan here. I loved this series. I remember Tobe Hooper directing the first two episode (which is definitely a reason to check it out) and I recall Millennium's Thomas J. Wright having a hand in at least one episode. It really should have lived longer than one season but I guess you could say that about a great many shows.

I see there is a DVD out there, maybe it's time to revisit it :thumbsup:

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

I'll have to check out the Wiki on this because it always frustrated me that I never saw how it concluded, if it actually did!

Interesting factoid about Tobe Hooper there Eth!

It's a new one to me, and I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the info.

I so love Megan and was very disappointed when she left MLM. I understand that it gave the storyline a whole new direction, and season 2 was awesome, but she was still very missed. ouroborous.gif

I bought the DVD used a while back. It's a fine DVD boxset, plenty of extras, I haven't gone through them all, but I did watch the series recently.

And I watched it in its original run here in Iceland, although I thought it ended earlier, I'm wondering if I ever saw the last few episodes...

It's cheesy at times, but it could have been great if had been done right.

It's well worth a look if you find it cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard nothing but good things about this as well. A mix of XF, The Prisoner and the Fugitive, or so I've heard. It's one of those series I want to check out when my pile of "To Watch" will grow thinner.

From what I remember reading, they had been canceled during production, so they had the time to write and produce a final episode that served as a closure. So that's a positive point, compared to, oh, Harsh Realm.

It's cheesy at times, but it could have been great if had been done right.

Ah really? I was really hoping it was an underappreciated gem of a series!

The Pilot is great, and Bruce Greenwood gives a good performance throughout the series. There are good episodes throughout, but the creator of the series wanted to let it be a standalone episode and the network demanded an arc. Maybe cheesy is too strong of a word, but the lack of a proper arc and purpose and a definition of what the man is up against really hurts the series overall.

But if you can find it cheap, there's plenty of extras, something that many TV shows don't have, which deserve it more than Nowhere Man. That's what makes this set stand apart from others, and I'm glad I bought it. I still haven't gone through most of the extras, it's a lot.