what is Lucy Butler

Rate this topic

Guest Butler'sMan2000

Guest Butler'sMan2000

Ok so I just watched all of the seasons of the show (I didn't watch the movie because people told me it sucked and was not essential to the story). As you might have guessed my favorite episodes had to deal with Lucy Butler. I have many questions and I'm hoping that someone out there can help me out.

First off: What exactly is Lucy Butler? It appears that she can change herself into a male and a demon when she needs to kill, perhaps a dog or a snake as well. Is she the devil Lucifer himself, or simply a minion. Or is she even more complicated than that.

Also in that episode Room With No View that song sounds awfully familiar to me, but I could not place it. Does anyone know what that song is from, or was it an original piece of music. And what did she mean when she said "Love is Blue?"

• Elders (Moderators)

There isn't a movie (yet) related to the show. Perhaps you were thinking of the John Varley movie "Millennium"?

The music in "A Room With No View" was "Love is Blue" by Paul Marriat; a French composer of light music. I think it was a very good choice for that episode.

BEER----> Whoa, I like these fresh questions. New blood here. OK, my take on Lucy that it is short for Lucifer and she's here to tempt us all. Great music huh, go ahead and listen to all the great songs weaving in and out of the MillenniuM series.

BELCH

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Welcome to TIWWA. You can learn more about Love is Blue in our Music Guide here including listening to it (at least for 100 times) and there's info on the composer.

Different people will each likely offer a different take on our Lucy, sometimes she is referred to as the Devil. I don't thinks she is, more of one his his many demons and a representation or manifestation of evil.

According to Fabricant, Lucy/Legion was "The base sum of all evil... The sleep of reason. The Devil's liege."

The word "Legion" comes from the Bible when Jesus cast out the demons from the man into the swine. They said that they were "Legion" because they are many.

Lucy Butler does make great apple cinnamon pancakes. devil_01.gif

Guest Butler'sMan2000

There isn't a movie (yet) related to the show. Perhaps you were thinking of the John Varley movie "Millennium"?

The music in "A Room With No View" was "Love is Blue" by Paul Marriat; a French composer of light music. I think it was a very good choice for that episode.

There was a movie that featured Jordan as a young woman titled Millennium Apocalypse it was made in 2006.

Guest Butler'sMan2000

So then what did she mean when she told the one kid she kidnapped that Love is blue, and not any other color. So when she turns into a guy is that supposed to be the devils angel form?

Guest RodimusBen

Much about Lucy is unexplained, but she appears to be appears to be the primary spokesperson for the Legion entity/force that plagues Frank throughout the series. There is never a really clear explanation given, certainly not to the extent that specific terms like "devil" or "demon" are applied to her. Millennium is a series very much about personal interpretation (unlike, say, Angel, which is an entertaining series, but doesn't ask a whole lot of the viewer in terms of extrapolation).

There are a few good Legion articles on TIWWA, so check 'em out.

I can tell you Lucy Butler is one hot mama! But I still wouldn't want to be in bed with her, that scene with her and Frank Black in the hotel room, yikes!

Lucy Butler is a manipulator, she changes form to scare, motivate or hinder people, whatever she wants she gets.

I doubt any of the facets of Legion we have seen, even the devil one, is the true form of Lucy Butler, devil or whatever she is supposed to be.

But yes, like RodimusBen said, much is not known or explained about Lucy Butler. We just have to fill in the blanks ourselves, which will result in people having different opinions on Legion or Lucy Butler or evil....

• 1 year later...

There's no definite explanation about exactly what Lucy Butler is, or what in fact Legion is as a matter of fact. The Legion reference IIRC was spoken of by The Judge in that episode when he stated to Frank that they would meet again but that he might have a different appearance.

Legion has been coined by the fan community to describe either a) all the manifestations of evil that Frank must fight, or b) more specifically a particular type of recurring evil that seems supernatural and has some affinity with other antagonists that appear throughout the show. It woud be a mistake I would think, to look at Legion as a single entity. There are certain manifestations of Legion that seem to be a recurrence of the same entity, for example The Judge and then later the lawyer, Al Pepper, but other entities such as Lucy Butler, and the Siren seem to be different entities, entirely.