SKY PREMIÈRE: Exclusive VS6 Webisode

Rate this topic

eastervs6.png

Ladies and gentlemen,

As part of our ongoing Easter Celebrations, we are happy to bring you an exclusive 'first look' behind the scenes of Millennium: Virtual Season 6 and a snippet of what to expect from the first episode. Showrunner, Joseph McBrayer, has kindly given us a peek into the writers bible with a slice of the first episode which will be penned by by forum favourite, Barry Renshaw.

Virtual Seasons of Millennium have been incredibly successful in the past and VS6 will be no exception to the rule. As Joe said, "...there will be some surprises in this season and also some gut wrenching horror..." and I am sure you are all eager to see the end results later this year.

If this is the first you are reading of this project and would like to get involved then there is still time. I have been privy to some of what they have in store including a superb viral marketing campaign (which looks absolutely stunning) and I can promise you that the whole thing will be very exciting to be part of.

To join the team simply contact Joe (Highplainsdrifter) or Baz (Enginecomics) and they will give you all the info you need to get started.

Till then, enjoy the sneak peak and remember: This is who we are!

Eth

Additional kudos has to be given to Baz (Enginecomics) for not only putting this all together for us for Easter but for the considerable work he has put into the virtual season already as well as the stunning graphics you see below. Please leave some thanks below and I hope you will agree, this is a project to get excited about.

pg1k.jpg

pg2c.jpg

pg3p.jpg

pg4.jpg

pg5.jpg

pg6x.jpg

pg7v.jpg

• Like 1

Bravo indeed. It looks incredible doesn't it, like a fan snuck into the production office of Ten Thirteen and swiped a draft copy of the script from the trash before leaking it online to the excitement of the fans. Brilliant stuff.

As I mentioned, VS6 has a hidden forum of is own so I think this is a first time you folk have had a chance to peak behind the scenes and I promise you that if you saw the body of work that has been amassed thus far you would be incredibly impressed. If you have any interest at all in writing or lending any support at all to the team, don't be shy, send a PM or signal your interest here and one of the team will get back to you soon.

Till then, enjoy the preview!

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Is there any way you can zoom in on the writing, as I'm finding it hard to read the pages above, even with wearing glasses?

Hi Richard,

It's presented artistically but I concur it can be a little difficult to read so whilst you all enjoy the brilliance of the above 'realisation' of the teaser I am sure the VS6 team won't mind if I present it to you as text as well.

I'm sure the team would love to hear any of your thoughts.

Eth

M I L L E N N I U M

Virtual Season Episode #601. "WHAT JOHN RANCE HAD TO SAY"

DELETED SCENE

Written by: Barry Renshaw

TEASER:

BLACK:

FADE IN:

EXT. POLDOSK - DAY

CLOSE UP of a car wheel rolling slowly through the snow to right of frame. As it clears we see we are at ground level looking across a snow-covered street, the feet of JOHN RANCE in foreground. On either side of the street are old, decaying grey buildings, in the background a row of small shops set into another grey building. One we see has a hoarding which states CAFE in Russian.

LEGEND INDICATES: Poldosk, 29 miles south of Moscow.

EXT. POLDOSK – DAY

We TRACK as JOHN RANCE walks across the street to the café. We see local residents shuffling along the pavements, huddled in their garments. RANCE stands out wearing a thick and expensive looking overcoat and carrying a briefcase.

INT. CAFE – DAY

We watch RANCE, late 30's, medium build and height, wearing glasses, through the frosted windows as he approaches the café and enters, camera following him. As we do we see the café has a half dozen PATRONS, mostly elderly, sitting at tables lining the narrow and rustic looking café Tobacco smoke hangs heavy in the air, and a small colour TV plays a football game in the corner. At the end of the room the MANAGER watches RANCE as he crosses the room to an empty table, his back to the window.

RANCE puts his suitcase on the table and opens it. He reads the small menu card on the table. The MANAGER approaches with a notepad and a small basket of bread, within which a small bowl of salt is set- a traditional greeting, placed on the guests table.

MANAGER (IN RUSSIAN):

Good afternoon sir. Welcome to Shankley's. Would you like a drink?

RANCE (IN RUSSIAN):

Good afternoon. Kvass please, and how is the lapsha today?

MANAGER (IN RUSSIAN):

Chicken, mushroom, and goats milk.

RANCE (IN RUSSIAN): That sounds excellent, thank you.

MANAGER (IN RUSSIAN): Thank you sir.

The MANAGER does a double take when he sees into RANCE's open case, though we don't see what it is.

Close up of RANCE's face, waiting for the acknowledgement to sink in. The MANAGER nods.

MANAGER (IN RUSSIAN):

I shall inform the chef of your request, sir.

RANCE (IN RUSSIAN):

Thank you.

The MANAGER walks away briskly, while RANCE dips the small piece of bread into the salt and eats it. He looks round the room, noticing the empty photograph frames. About 10 seconds later, the MANAGER returns, looking slightly more nervous than before.

MANAGER (IN RUSSIAN):

Sir, the Chef would like to discuss how you would like your lapsha prepared?

The MANAGER gestures to the back of the café and through a door, a lean, shaven headed man in his twenties, BORSK, watches.

RANCE (IN RUSSIAN):

Of course.

RANCE closes the briefcase and follows the MANAGER to the open door and towards BORSK.

INT. CAFE KITCHEN DAY

BORSK stays silent but closes the door to the café behind RANCE as he enters the kitchen. He freezes as he sees three other men of equal build to BORSK waiting. BORSK snatches the briefcase from RANCE as two of the others pull off his overcoat and frisk him roughly.

RANCE: I- I was told to ask for PAVEL-

CLOSE UP of RANCE as a black bag is put over his head and pulled tight, while one of the men punches him in the stomach.

CUT to RANCE hitting the tiled floor hard as he is hog tied. A door to the alley way outside opens and he is roughly bundled into a waiting van.

EXT. ALLEYWAY DAY

RANCE:

No- please- wait-

(THEN IN RUSSIAN) Bread and salt! Bread and salt!

INT. VAN DAY

RANCE is thrown to the floor of the van and the men follow him in, taking seats either side.

EXT. STREET DAY

We see the dark unmarked van exit the alleyway by the side of the café and drive off. A man in a doorway reading a newspaper folds it up and walks away after seeing this.

INT. VAN DAY

The van bumps along and the men inside it.

EXT. STREET DAY

The van turns into a gated courtyard off the main road.

EXT. COURTYARD DAY

The van pulls up outside a open doorway...

INT. VAN DAY

RANCE is roughly bundled out of the van, followed by BORSK who is carrying the case.

INT. HOUSE CORRIDOR DAY

Two men half carry RANCE down the corridor and down the stone steps.

INT. WINE CELLAR

RANCE and the men emerge into a large wine cellar A chair is waiting for him, as he is bundled down onto it, bag still on his head. Down the wine cellar we see PAVEL FORSEV, 34, tall and muscular, watching a large LCD screen TV behind a circular bar area. The TV shows a football match between Liverpool and Man UTD.

INT. WINE CELLAR

Closer on PAVEL, who exclaims as MAN UTD score.

PAVEL (IN RUSSIAN):

f***ing Rooney! He's a f***ing traitor, playing for United.

No wonder all of Liverpool hate him.

BORSK:

PAVEL, the American is here. ANDRIE is on his way.

PAVEL turns round, annoyed, looks back at the screen, then gets off his stool and strides towards RANCE.

INT. WINE CELLAR

PAVEL pulls off RANCE'S hood. RANCE looks beaten and dishevelled, and blinks at the lights.

PAVEL:

You Americans have no sense of timing, you know that?

PAVEL points annoyed at the TV.

PAVEL:

This is a pivotal match! A semi final! Gah.

PAVEL pulls up a chair and sits opposite RANCE.

RANCE:

PAVEL Forsev, I... presume?

PAVEL:

Yes, you f***ing presume.

You presume going into my baby sisters café to conduct business,

when my father has already said no to your offer.

RANCE:

I meant... no disrespect.

I was instructed to give you a gift, from my superiors,

as a token of our understanding and... our silence, about

the unpleasantness in Bosnia.

INT. WINE CELLAR DAY

PAVEL is handed the briefcase by BORSK. Opening it, he smiles.

PAVEL:

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

He pulls out the TSHIRT.

RANCE:

A 1988 original home shirt, as worn by Mark Lawrenson in his last game.

I'm told... it's quite rare, but I'm not an expert... in soccer.

PAVEL:

It's FOOTBALL, not soccer. You can tell your superiors the gift is received,

but the answer is the same.

RANCE:

Of course... my superiors request only that we be

allowed to make the same offer to the Onopko family.

PAVEL snaps out of his otherwise calm demeanour.

PAVEL:

Again, you presume. You insult my family by even mentioning that scum.

We denied your request because it would be bad for business.

Our business, government business, everyone's. Even for the Onopko, stupid as they'd be to go along with it. We have a balance maintained by all the families for a very good reason.

I would not dream of jeopardising that balance, regardless of what you come offering.

(Beat)

Did you see the empty photograph frames in the cafe? All along the walls.

Why would that be? Because in just three years of fighting amongst the

Bratva, we lost forty three of our friends and family. Forty three.

(Beat)

Men, women... children. I can't allow anything to reopen that wound.

PAVEL stands up and walks back to the bar with the tshirt, which he folds carefully into the case before shutting it. He takes a beat, then pulls out a knife from his belt.

PAVEL:

It would appear that your Millennium Group

don't understand the meaning of the word 'No'.

PAVEL walks back to RANCE, almost reluctantly.

PAVEL:

So we will have to send them a more visceral message.

RANCE:

No- please- we can discuss this further- please

PAVEL leans over RANCE almost straddling him, pulling open his shirt and brandishing the knife against his chest.

PAVEL:

Understand- I do not enjoy this.

RANCE:

Please- god please-

PAVEL looks down confused as a red light starts to blink, INSIDE RANCE's chest.

PAVEL:

What the f*** is that?

RANCE:

Please no- I can persuade him, I just need more time-

COMM INSIDE RANCES EAR:

Times up.

SFX: A high pitched whine starts and quickly rises to a crescendo with three seconds.

PAVEL:

Who are you talk-

SFX: BOOM

The bomb inside RANCE's chest explodes, killing RANCE, PAVEL, and critically injuring the others, all are embedded with glass from shattered wine bottles and strewn with smouldering wood. RANCE himself, his chest completely blown out, is on fire, as is most of the room.

EXT. STREET DAY

Smoke emanates from the cellar windows of the building, as a car screeches outside. Pulling up, ANDRIE FORSEV emerges and runs into the inferno, but the camera pulls back slowly from the scene, as the crowd on the street gathers. One man, recognisable from the earlier shot, once again folds up his newspaper and walks away from the crowd. He pulls out a ringing mobile phone and answers it.

MAN: It's done. Yes. This is who we are.

FADE OUT TO BLACK.

• Like 1

Guest WaveCrest

That was a very good read. :thumbsup: I had no idea where that was going, but the drawing in an earlier post gave it away. And I liked the bit about 'soccer' and 'football'. :biggrin:

BUMP for no other reason than these guys need your support. Now the prospect of writing an episode of television can be daunting but if you have interest at all in what the chaps are doing there may be other ways you can support them if writing is not your flair. I know Baz is looking at a viral marketing campaign when the time comes to launch and maybe that's where you could be of use, helping to spread the word on the internet. Do you have experience of building websites? If so, I'm sure Baz and the team would love to hear from you. In fact, whatever your skills there is probably some way you can help put this together.

Millennium has been off our screens for a very long time and it doesn't appear to be coming back any time soon but the Virtual Seasons are a fine way of continuing Frank's story. If you want to be part of that, let Baz know.

Eth