TRON Legacy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel Disney should have made a sequel to "Tron" a long time ago. The original came out in 1982. All of my kids loved it as little people, and I have no doubts they will enjoy the sequel with all the modern special effects as grown-ups.

It is only April, and yes, maybe alittle pre-mature to us, but no telling what they have up their sleeve between now and then.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

What is interesting is the fact that they launched this viral campaign this early, the film will not be released until December, so time will tell.

I feel I must share this geek moment, courtesy of the "Flynn Lives" campaign. But getting an illegal Encom Group Clearance badge, feels very Lone Gunmen to me. For anyone curious, I give you this:

Disney are hardly known for their conservative marketing at the best of times. The 'less is more' approach has been completely lost on a company that saturates the market with marketing. That said, talk of a Tron sequel has abounded since the eighties and the thirst has never abated over the decades so I'm sure eight or so months of titbits from the studio won't have that much of a detrimental effect.

I can't wait for this film although I doubt it will have any of the charm of the original film. Tron is so entrenched in the era it was made it and the charm of the film belongs to the 80's and this charm will not doubt be given tons of gloss for a modern audience (and they may well love it) but the old ones (moi) will always hark back to the glory days of the original movie.

I'm a terrible nostalgic I guess.

Eth

PS Matt, can't see what you were sharing with us. Could you repost?

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest RodimusBen

I worship Tron and have been waiting for this for 25 years. I don't think my hopes have ever been this high for a sequel to ANYTHING.

hi.gif Ben, you've been missed. Thanks for stopping by. ouroborous.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)