Top Ten Cancelled Shows That Should Have A Comic Strip

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

I can't understand why studios hold onto the rights to TV shows and films, when they have no plans to do anything with them and won't sub-license them out to other studios and DVD distributors.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

i love audio books and would love to see somerthing like that for Millennium or a comic too. either one is a great idea and i think would make money. :) they could do so many spin offs too if they wanted too like a spin off with Jordan Black or a Lucy Butler spin off or something like that or for God's sake we need to know what happend to Lara Means and what she is doing these days. lol :) I still think they would have a blockbuster hit with Frank, Jordan and Lara working together against Lucy Butler. Think about it, Lara could come back into Frank's life and they could work together on one last case cause Frank is retiring to be a Grandpa hence bring in Jordan and her story and Lucy Butler is back and they all three have to work together to stop her. thumbsup.gif I like that idea. :) Jordan could bring in the younger crowd and Lance would be back on the big screen for all of us older ladies and Kristen and SJR could bring in all the men! lol

Laura :)

Me too are you listening Ten Thirteen, if CC won't write the script we know a lady who can.

I agree, the potential for spin-off media is great and I would personally like to see a graphic novel that strips away the protagonists like Frank and simply takes us into the heart of the Millennium Group and reintroduces the season two concepts of the candidates and initiates and the factions and The Old Man and so on. It's where much of the fascination for the show lies with me, beyond the superb Frank Black, and I always wondered if there were more factions than we were shown, how global The Group was in its operations and so on. Millennium Group UK, now that would be an intriguing bit of fan-fiction. :whistling:

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I would liked to have seen a sequel to Force Majeure for one thing, and I'm very keen on Lara Means and Lucy Butler spin-offs. And if they only be in comic book/graphic novel form, then so be it. But the art and drawings inside have to be right. I'd like it to be something in the style of the X Files comic book adaptation of the pilot episode and Squeeze, along with the Dynamite Comics title The Complete Dracula (gorgeous artwork inside and very atmospheric).

That's another vote from me for Colton Worley (The Complete Dracula) lending his pencil to the a Millennium Comic. I can also see it being done much like the superb Hellraiser Comics in which they are anthologies of lots of short stories that would allow them to tell all the types of Millennium stories we have seen over the course of the show from the procedural to the metaphysical, from the absurd to the surreal and realise it with a number of different artists by fitting their styles to the stories. I would love to see Ted McKeever (in his more expressive Doom Patrol style than his more recent, tighter work) take on a Frank Black story in the vein of The Curse Of Frank Black. I am having a fan moment merely thinking about that as a possible reality. And our very own Baz of course, that goes without saying.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

And as a bonus treat for MM fans, I'd like there to be an adaptation of one of the episodes, to go with original stories.

Guest Laurent.

I can't understand why studios hold onto the rights to TV shows and films, when they have no plans to do anything with them and won't sub-license them out to other studios and DVD distributors.

Good question. If they don't think a franchise has enough potential to spend their own time and money on producing anything, why not make at least a few bucks and let someone else do the work?

Agreed gents, wholeheartedly. I always assumed that Fox were doing nothing with the rights to Millennium even though I felt we had demonstrated that even if there wasn't sufficient support for a movie then at least there was sufficient support for something else be that a comic book, audio adventure and so on. I assumed they were simply sitting on the rights rather than exploring what could be done with the franchise. In actual fact two companies did attempt to get the rights to Millennium fairly recently (one with the intention of a comic book, the second with the intention of an audio series of adventures) and it was simply that the cost of the rights weighed up against the potential to make a profit meant that both companies decided against pursuing the projects. You would think that two companies displaying an interest of this kind would have at least made Fox realise that they were sitting on something worth doing something with and that they had an opportunity to put a few pennies in their pocket simply by not being so greedy when it came to the cost of the rights.

Eth