Lusty Lady peep show closes

Rate this topic

Libby

• Elders (Moderators)

https://seattletimes....stylady13m.html

In the pilot episode, the peep show appears to be in some sleazy alleyway. But the real one is on of the main streets in Seattle, about as obvious as possible. I've just found it on Google Maps' Street view. There are some user photos there showing different versions of the message on the marquee - some of them are quite funny.

• Like 2

What a super find and enjoyable read!

When it came to the bit when talking about some of the stranger clients they had encountered over the years (Orange Man most notably) I half expected them to break into an account of a shadowy french man.

I'm sure I read that someone was putting together a fan guide to the X-Files locations, would be nice to see something similar for Millennium.

Thanks for sharing Libby!

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for the heads up Libby! This is a real shame for a number of reasons.

I found the club on Google Streetview and added the link to related websites on the Pilot profile.

Eth,

Libby and I made a section of M-TIWWA based on Episode Locations mentioned during the episodes but doing this for the real life filming locations would be very hard indeed. It would be great if we could obtain a proper list from one of the location managers or something, I'd happily incorporate them into the site and of course utilise Google Maps/Streetview.

https://millennium-th...ation%20Manager

Have you ever spoken to any of these crew members?

Graham

I haven't Graham but I have to confess you caused the old grey matter to tick over. It would be great if we could ask them if they were able to provide any information about the filming locations so to that end I will see if I can track down some contact details. It would be superb way to spend a few fascinating hours on Google Earth if we have a detailed list wouldn't it?

It is a shame that the place is closing down. I have some images (somewhere) of Lance and CC filming in that location and I will see if I can hunt them down too.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

It is a shame that the place is closing down. I have some images (somewhere) of Lance and CC filming in that location and I will see if I can hunt them down too.

Eth

Those images would be interesting. I recall from the DVD extras that CC visited this peep show, and also director David Nutter did. Strange - I would have thought LA would have had plenty of examples. Maybe peep shows don't seem the same when there's wall-to-wall sunshine outside.

Wonder if there's a place like that for woman. Just wondering. whistling.gif I'd probably sit there like this...blink.gif

Well, the Chippendales factor doesn't appeal to me at all. But, on the other hand, putting in quarters and watching some guy mop out the bathroom, yep, I'd pay for that. And, no, that isn't sexist, it would be sexy. :rolleyes: As per that well-known advert of a guy knowing exactly how to use a laundromat.

• Like 1

Guest WaveCrest

I'm sure I read that someone was putting together a fan guide to the X-Files locations, would be nice to see something similar for Millennium.

Thanks for sharing Libby!

Eth

Would definitely like to see a fan guide to Millennium locations. There is (or was, depending on whether it's out of print now) an X Files filming locations book published a few years ago for the first five seasons. I bought it as I hadn't seen anything like that in book form before. Although there was a fold out pamphlet X Files locations guide. But that might have been about where Mulder and Scully went on their cases rather than where they filmed the episodes.

I listened to the Pilot commentary with Chris Carter when I did my blog. And yes, he said they went to that place and replicated it on stage (on how it looked inside). How accurate, I have no idea but it sounded from Carter that they did match the look very closely.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Those images would be interesting. I recall from the DVD extras that CC visited this peep show, and also director David Nutter did. Strange - I would have thought LA would have had plenty of examples. Maybe peep shows don't seem the same when there's wall-to-wall sunshine outside.

Well, the Chippendales factor doesn't appeal to me at all. But, on the other hand, putting in quarters and watching some guy mop out the bathroom, yep, I'd pay for that. And, no, that isn't sexist, it would be sexy. rolleyes.gif As per that well-known advert of a guy knowing exactly how to use a laundromat.

LOL I would pay to see a guy wash my dishes or do the laundry. lol Just sayin. rolleyes.gif If guys only knew that they could get more action if they picked up a broom or a dishtowel, they would have it made. lol :)

Laura :)

Libby, I looked high and low and cannot find the images I have. There were three, as I recall. One of Lance, one of Chris and one of the girls. Now that I try to recall, it may well have been images that were taken on the set rather that the peepshow itself. I will keep looking for them as I am sure they are around somewhere.

Oddly enough I recall reading that the building beside The Lucky Lady was a huge gay and lesbian disco and was renamed The Millennium Disco though whether this an intentional nod to its lusty lady neighbour or not I have no idea.

Eth