A glimpse into the life of Sarah-Jane Redmond

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

I don't know the heck I missed this but I'm guessing you folks might have missed it too. A new interview with Sarah-Jane was mentioned at her official website back in February (my bad) and in it she talks of Lance, Millennium, CC and Terry and more besides. Well worth a look dear friends.

Eth

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Theo Hiswrae

Thanks, Eth, it's a great interview. Her character is a perfect antagonist for Frank Black: intelligent, evil to the core, and darkly charismatic. I feel they did a fantastic job playing Frank & Lucy/Legion against each other. I wish we had seen more of that in season 3...

I just watched "Antipas" again, and the name of the deliciously evil lawyer for Lucy Butler struck me as odd. His name was Selwyn Wassenaar, and after playing around with it for a few minutes I realized that it's not a complete anagram, but does contain some interesting words: Alas War & Sees Answers. Hmm. I doubt they're intentional, and I may have missed the real anagram, it may be in a different language for example. I would welcome anyone's insight on this idea of anagrams, which the writers seem to have loved playing with throughout the series.

Thanks again for the link, Eth!

Kind Regards,

Theo

Guest WaveCrest

I think I've already read this interview but hadn't posted any comments about it. Has another SJR interview been posted recently on TIWWA? I thought I'd read the interview posted in post #1 before April.

• 2 months later...

:angryred: I sort of have this kind of crush on her. Seriously, I love all the Lucy Butler episodes from each season and she just got prettier and prettier. I wish she was the main villain and there

were more appearances by her. I guess that's why I got really pissed when the group went evil, it meant less screen time away from a better villain, and better to look at, Sarah.

Oh I do know about that, she got as much screen time in season three of the show as she did in seasons one and two but I have to agree with you that she was absolutely superb as Lucy Butler and rightly deserved to have been voted the most memorable TV villain in an online poll some time after her appearance in Millennium. SJR news has been a little bit sparse of late and I am desperate to see our girl in something deserving of her considerable talent. I find her infinitely watchable in every thing she is in and she is truly deserving of a lead role some time soon.

Eth

Oh I do know about that, she got as much screen time in season three of the show as she did in seasons one and two but I have to agree with you that she was absolutely superb as Lucy Butler and rightly deserved to have been voted the most memorable TV villain in an online poll some time after her appearance in Millennium. SJR news has been a little bit sparse of late and I am desperate to see our girl in something deserving of her considerable talent. I find her infinitely watchable in every thing she is in and she is truly deserving of a lead role some time soon.

Eth

Yes, but some more time would of been better. She should of been the main villain, afterall she is "evil", besides me LOL!

I wish somehow she could reprise her role as Lucy, but I know that's impossible. I wish her much success and will support her in anyway I can

Now if she would only marry me :embarassed:

• 2 weeks later...

Ethsnafu,

Thank you so much for the shout out. I enjoyed the interview . . . one of several emotional pick-ups after a very long day. I'm so inundated with negativity and darkness that comes out of security briefings that I sometimes think I might know how a 'Frank Black' would feel. But then, again, my life is not that dark and actuallyh is full of many good things and great people. I just to keep my sight on the best and not worry and wait over the fretting things. Jane was certainly animated and full of a steady appreciation and excitement. Thanks again for sharing.