X-Files/30 Days of Night Comic Book Crossover

Rate this topic

Thank you so much for the additional information Richard. Now that's more like it. Issue two has a superb cover. That's really what I had hoped the entire look of the comic would be like. The X-Files shouldn't be drawn like it's an other superhero comic out there. The art should reflect the show a little more than it does in some of the previews.

That said it would take a lot to top the covers for the Topps X-Files comic by Miriam Kim. Those were absolutely superb.

Eth

The Scully in #1 looks very fake to me -- like a girl's doll. I can't say all this, or the inside art Eth provided, got me more excited.

But wow, does the #2 cover look good! Truly beautiful! Reminds me a bit of Miran Kim, yes, and the artwork done for the X-Files PC game.

@WaveCrest: I got them off ebay. Check out this wikipedia page: there were some collected editions that came out in the UK (Titan Books) back in the 1990s, and more recently there's been 3 volumes from Checker Book that you can still find in bookstores. Neither have reached the point where all stories have been collected, so if you want them all you'll have to start tracking down the originals.

Guest WaveCrest

They used to have comic strips in the official X Files magazine. Some of my favourites were Remote Control and the pilot adaptation.

Richard you don't have those as scans do you? I would love to see them. Alternatively, if anyone could point to anywhere online where these are archived I would be grateful.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I don't think I kept my copies of the official X Files magazine because of room space. I may still have the comic book story whose title ended in "...Light".

Guest WaveCrest

News of the X Files/30 Days of Night crossover comic book series has made it's way into SFX magazine, albeit as a piddling paragraph on page 25 of the new issue (7th bit of news down the left-hand red column on the page). It simply says...

"The X-Files to meet 30 Days of Night in comic crossover".

Now when I read that in the magazine earlier I thought they were being sarcastic. Did they mean "comic crossover" as in funny in the negative sense, or a crossover comic book series between two titles?

Guest WaveCrest

If you're thinking of where to purchase the X Files/30 Days of Night crossover comics online, one of the eBay sellers recommend is A Place in Space. I've bought comics and graphic novels from them for a few months and they have been very reliable.

Great advice Richard, thank you.

:angryred: Is that all SFX managed? I know they were historically always, oddly, antagonistic towards the X-Files but so gushing in their praise of Buffy and Whedon that readers would often write up and complain of the obvious bias. Whoever was on the editorial team then must have passed through by now I would have thought. You'd think they'd give XF a fairer crack of the whip these days.

However, Fangoria have given this a superb review...

THE X FILES/30 DAYS OF NIGHT is a topnotch crossover event between two popular franchises this writer never would have thought possible. This is a stylish showdown between the two iconic paranormal investigators from the modern-classic TV sseries and the parasitic vampires of Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith’s creation.

...to read the rest of the article head on over here.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Great advice Richard, thank you.

:angryred: Is that all SFX managed? I know they were historically always, oddly, antagonistic towards the X-Files but so gushing in their praise of Buffy and Whedon that readers would often write up and complain of the obvious bias. Whoever was on the editorial team then must have passed through by now I would have thought. You'd think they'd give XF a fairer crack of the whip these days.

Eth

Yup. I wasn't expecting to read anything new about The X Files or Millennium, so when I saw this mention of the crossover with 30 Days of Night it surprised me. I don't think the editor of SFX now was the editor of SFX between 1993 and 2002, but one of the other members of the SFX crew working on the magazine at the moment was the editor during part of The X Files' nine season run.

Other eBay comic book sellers I recommend are:

Ace Comics

and Apocalypse Comics.