X-Files/30 Days of Night Comic Book Crossover

Rate this topic

I love the cover, love it. It is very similar to the poster for "X-Files: I Want To Believe" isn't it albeit realised much better as I thought that poster was awful. If I recall rightly Mulder's head was to big for his body, Scully's feet appear to have sunk into the snow whilst Mulder walks upon it, the blood X in the foreground is blatantly a small object rendered large as based on the dimensions of the snow on the ground each flake is the size of a golf ball. I've defended that movie on a great many points since its release but the poster is indefensible. If there's another one they should hire the chap who painted that cover.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Read issue 3 of the crossover on Thursday. More of an action-centred episode than the first two issues. It started off strongly with the story about the large ship. But I felt it ended not as strong. Still, there are another three parts to go.

Here's a review of the 3rd issue folks and another reviewer who considered this the best X-Files comic they have read. I believe it's the third I have encountered so fay who makes this claim. And to think I was so very doubtful it could work when I heard about it. :embarassed:

Eth

• 1 month later...
Guest WaveCrest

Meant to post this sooner. Read issue 4 over a week ago. Loving the front covers, and this fourth part was the best so far. There seemed more substance to it, and beware...this one has some strong stuff in it.

I love the front cover to issue four and it seems to be a homage (maybe) to the recent X-Files film with an 'X' traced on the snow in blood. It's by far the best of the covers to date. I still remain extremely impressed by how well this whole thing has been orchestrated and I continue to eat humble pie that I ever doubted that the worlds of XF and 3DON could inhabit the same page. It will be a real shame when it comes to an end.

Eth

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Got issue 5 (the penultimate part) in the post today. Read it this afternoon and it was a solid follow-up to the last issue. Just a couple of storytelling cliches, but some interesting stuff. I'll be interested to know whether you think the last image in issue 5 is cliched or not.

Oh and there's an appearance by another X Files character in issue 5. :oneeyedwinK