Not so new Millennium book - rip off warning

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

I just found about this via the Image Search feature on our Millennium Home Page, which if you don't know is a home page that you can set in your browser with a Millenniumistic feel or just use it whenever you like.

There is a new Millennium book showing up in the default search results (here's a full link), which Wikipedia say is apparently a rip off. Someone has downloaded the Millennium related Wikipedia articles and is selling them for a rip off $70 price tag on Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc.

You can read more about it here. Avoid the book like the Marburg virus!

• 1 month later...

I'm heading towards my cabin in the woods, ASAP!

This is just outrageous. And to have the audacity to have the price so high to boot...ouch.

But can't people comment/review the book over at amazon and tell people it's fake.

• Like 1

Ridiculous, is it not? I came across two books on the X-Files just last week: "The X-Files" and "Mythology of the X-Files" by Alphascript Publishing.

What the hell are these?! "With high quality content by wikipedia articles"?

From their site:

Nearly all media worldwide – such as newspapers, magazines, TV – use internet for their researches and as a basis for their texts. This is exactly what Alphascript publishing does. And we go even further: with the Wikipedia-texts at free disposal we create books on interesting topics.

There is hardly another platform for quick and better processing of information than by Wikipedia – and this is too for the benefit of the Alphascript publishing-readers who want to be informed on a specific subject. Of course you can have online everything free of charge, but for good reason you have decided for a book. Alphascript publishing is internet in form of a book. There can hardly be a faster process.

Somebody sue them! Nobody is supposed to make profit from Wikipedia articles, especially since they didn't even write them!

• Like 1

I'm off to my cabin too Josef. It is outrageous what people will do for a profit, and such a high one. :verymad: Before writing it you would think they'd have enough sense to know that they actually could be sued, or maybe they think they're untouchable. I hope someone can do something.

• Like 1

Simply astonishing isn't it. I have a small degree of begrudging respect for the collators of the X-Files material for at least stating what it is: Wikipedia printed out.

I can only hope that no-one would contemplate spending $70.00 on a 176 page book whatever the topic.

It's simply not on is it. :angryred:

Eth