By The Numbers: 2

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
"Gehenna" wins this round, there is no doubt about it for me! This episode is the perfect example how MM delivered intense stories with an extensive philosophical background. It introduces Legion, shows more of the mysterious Millennium Group (especially with Mike Atkins) and shows one of the most hair raising scenes of the show ever: The beast tearing Eedo apart! This is the first time you can get a sense of what really is happening in the MM world, that the devil as an evil force exists and corrupts man.

Of course "Gehenna" delivers some fine scenes for Catherine, Bletch and Jordan (I love that girl! And Brittany Tiplady was really perfect for that part!)

"Beware Of The Dog" also delivers a lot of philosophy but the story is rather weak and full of misplaced humour ("I'm not the sheriff" - yeah, that's funny). Don't get me wrong, I love the way the Morgans and Wong integrated a little bit if humour in the MM universe, but it doesn't work for me here. This episode could have been much more scarier with all these violent dogs, the mysterious role of the group and their goals. At least the episode is saved with the introduction of the Old Man. R.G. Armstrong is really great and with only 3 appearances a very memorable character (compare this with Baldwin or McClaren!).

"Exegesis" is just awful. Most bad episodes can be ignored (like "Human Essence") but this one is essential for the story arc of season 3 and it just doesn't work. There are plot holes as large as the missile silos, the premise is extremely weak (remote viewing???) and the role of the group doesn't fit into the show at all. The last point got better but in "Exegesis" the evil group thing is a shame! (Peter Watts must have been cloned, this is not the character we got to know in the first seasons!)

Did anyone ever think about the logic of this episode? The remote viewers let a plane crash to save one child? The group spread the virus to kill these women and killed none of them?? Why not simply execute them??? (In German we say "Mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schießen".) I think this episode is just rediculous and one of the worst ever produced!

Yep! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
Yep! :yes:
It makes my 48 year old heart beat with joy to see Gehenna winning here...Glad to see others feel about it the same way i do...

4th Horseman...

(just posting at random to get away from my 666 of two days ago, LOL)

on to the next topic...LOL

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
It makes my 48 year old heart beat with joy to see Gehenna winning here...Glad to see others feel about it the same way i do...

4th Horseman...

(just posting at random to get away from my 666 of two days ago, LOL)

on to the next topic...LOL

I'm glad to see that you came through the 666 ordeal unscathed. I thought you might have an unplanned meeting with Lucy Butler or something, but maybe that wouldn't be all bad :devil: Then again, you never know when she going to change into the creepy guy with the long hair or the beast that Frank finds on top of him in Antipas. I don't remember, but I think I might have actually voted for "Beware of the Dog". Gehenna was really a great episode, and few would stand up to it for my vote, but "Beware" is just soooo good. I'm a tad surprised that the voting wasn't a little closer.

• 3 years later...
Guest paranoid eyes

Gehenna –all the way, so creepy, powerful and uncanny.  I think it was a great idea to suggest that there is something supernatural, diabolical going on, without ever explaining it. This helped to build the shows atmosphere and proved how well-planed the whole season was. Rather then just changing the shows from ‘Red Dragon’ to’ The Exorcist’ within one stroke of lightning, which would not be too consistent, the writers have always hinted that the devil is near, only took some time to build the tension before getting there. 

Beware of the Dog- the premise was silly, something I would not expect from a show as intelligently written and also poorly explained. The dogs are evil. Come on writers throw as better bone here. Yet I really enjoyed it, it brought a new quality to the show: a combination of an old-fashion horror about monsters hunting a small town and irony. Frank was a bit like Jonathan Haker from ‘Dracula’ –an educated man from a big city, who finds himself in a small town filled with the most exocentric folk, who instead of just explaining the situation to him, speak in that annoying, mysterious way. ‘Be here by night fall’  ‘Why’ ‘Be here by nightfall” Lance finally had a chance to show his comedy talent ‘My name is not Franklin’ and I love his interactions with this neurotic fellow, who just cannot explain anything in a short, simple way. 

It was a flawed one but once the writers fixed those flaws they produced a much better ironic horror ‘The Curse of  Frank Black” 

Exegesis – O. K.        I liked the scenes between Frank and Jordan, the return of Peter, Emma’s final comment ‘That’s not even an answer’-summed up how I felt about Frank’s explanation. But the whole episode was like the underground place in which it took place- dark, cold and best to avoid. The premise was not much more believable then the one from BotD and it was treaded with dead-seriousness. The episodes form S1 were also dark and humorless but they portrayed believable characters and I found them familiar. Exegesis was cold and alienating .                       

• 2 weeks later...