Millennium Crossover

Rate this topic

Just for kicks and giggles:

With recent news about the XF/30 Days of Night Crossover and the recent discussions about fans wanting to see Millennium in some sort of adaptation I wondered if you guys had any thought to what a great Millennium crossover would be.

If one of the sticking points is that Millennium on its own doesn't have the pulling power to make adaptations financially viable, a crossover would be one way of exploring that: drawing two franchises together for the sake of a more lucrative result.

The obvious one would be, of course, to have XF and MM crossover in a comic strip but do you have any ideas for something a little more inspiring you would like to see?

I would love to see Frank Black take on the activities of Elite Hunting from Eli Roth's Hostel. AS the whole gorno genre was pre-empted a decade earlier by Michael Perry in Millennium's "Mikado" it is a path already trodden and with S3 "Skull and Bones" there was more than a hint of Hostel in those scenes of Hollis in the charnel house.

Crossovers aren't desirable but they can make something more doable so who or what would like to see out erstwhile protagonist lock swords with?

Eth

In my opinion, there can be no one else I'd rather see Frank battle then Legion. Anyone and anything can be brought into it, but Legion devil_01.gif is the only one that Frank never could conquer, and maybe never will.

Guest WaveCrest

On the whole I love crossovers. One example I can think of where a crossover has boosted a TV show's low ratings, has been with Simon & Simon. In it's first season (1981-82) it wasn't doing well in the ratings. However, the following season it did a crossover with Magnum, p.i., which preceded it on Thursday nights on CBS. Simon & Simon's ratings rocketed.

I would liked to have seen a crossover between Millennium and Profiler, but it would never have happened as they were rival shows on different networks. Also, a crossover with The Simpsons. The X Files did it ("The Springfield Files") and it was very successful (one of the funniest and best episodes in my opinion). I would love to see an episode, or even just one segment of the annual Halloween "Treehouse of Horror" special. Picture a scene where a crime is being investigated, with Chief Wiggum, Lou and Andy at the scene. They have no leads and call on the help of the Millennium Group (imagine it's around the time of the first or second season of Millennium). Frank and Peter arrive on the scene. That's all I can think of at the moment.

I can imagine Homer asking Frank Black whether donuts are considered "millenniumistic" in taste. Frank Black senses evil, Lucy Butler made that donut! *gasp* Homer is Legion :devil01:

Guest WaveCrest

And with Millennium having religious elements they would have to have a scene in the church, and at either or both Reverend Lovejoy's and Ned Flanders's houses. In fact, I can imagine a scene where Ned Flanders is speaking his talk (example being "dang dong doogily") and Frank has one of his 'flashing images' moments which scares him. Also, a scene in the Kwik-E-Mart with Frank and Watts checking the CCTV footage, as well as one with Frank and Watts speaking to some of the other residents in Springfield, like Disco Stu, Cletus and Brandine...but most importantly they would have to have a scene in Moe's Tavern with Moe, Barney, Carl and Lenny, including a brand new Bart prank phone call, with Frank being the recipiant. :biggrin: I would like to see Lucy Butler as well in the episode.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I would like to see a cross over between Millennium and Medium or Millennium and The Mentalist. :)

Laura :)

:thumbsup: Now I can really see "Medium" working. Let's face it a dynamic between Frank Black and Alison Dubois would not be that dissimilar to the partnership of Frank and Lara and there would be plenty of scope to examine the emotional conflict that might arise from Jordan being around other gifted children but ones who still have their mother in their lives. Great idea I like it.

Eth

Sorry gang, but I just don't see it working with "The Mentalist" or "Medium." I, on the other hand, think he should be called in for whatever reason, to assist the team on "Criminal Minds." It's just more of an intense show to me and a higher calibur environment for Frank. In the other two he's dealing with leads that also have a gift, and it could end up being a conflict of interest thing. I'd even rather prefer to see him back on "NCIS" then the other two. You guys till love me?

Frank has one of his 'flashing images' moments which scares him.

WaveCrest (Richard)

That would have to be the motel scene with Lucy Butler AKA Legion. Talk about scaring the bejeepers out of you, that would do it.

The other frightening thing for Frank would always be in Borrowed Time with Jordan in the hospital dying. Speaking from experience, there is nothing more terrifying.