Something's Fishy

Rate this topic

Earthnut

:blink:

Well if needed an excuse to not like seafood I have one now. Truth be told I don't like it and I have a number of friends who have suffered from food poisoning at some and in all cases seafood was to blame. I'd sooner take my chances with a cheese sandwich. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

First of all, I apologize for not spelling "seafood" correctly in the link.

Second, I too am not a big fan of seafood, however, I do like lobster and crab legs.

It's interesting that more and more I'm talking to people who are eating and craving less and less meat of any kind, and feeling better. My cravings for meat have almost disappeared. Every once in awhile I want a nice charcoaled filet mignon, or a grilled chicken breast, but most of the time anymore it's vegetables, pasta, fruit, and of course cheeeeeeese. I used to be called a "cheese face" when I was little by my parents.

Sad to say that food is literally killing people, and definitely making them ill. All the processed foods for starters are so bad for us, and then I won't even go into all the drugs they inject animals with that man consumes, or the horrendous "fast foods." yucky.gif

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I don't like seafood at all, the only thing that i will touch and that is only if it is on wheat bread and with a cherry coke is a tuna sandwich. lol :) Not tuna salad , just plain old tuna fish. :)

Laura :)

I do recall being younger and going to the coast with my parents where it was mandatory to eat cockles and muscles in a little pot with vinegar and being completely repulsed. Even my mother, who will have a go at anything, will draw the line at eating whelks which have to be the most unattractive edible thing in creation.

I also have a memory of my cousins buying Cod Roe for the Fish and Chip Shop when I was younger and being told it was a paste of fish eggs and wondering if I had wandered into some sort of surreal horror movie.

When I was brass-banding we played at a civic engagement in Bochum, Germany and a lavish spread was laid on for the attendees and it was the first, and last, time I have ever eaten caviar. It is the most revolting thing I have ever tasted and to think people will shell out large sums for it is mind-blowing.

Eth

I hear now that we have to be careful where the tuna comes from before we eat it. It's like we're running out of food here. My poor cat, Bumper, AKA Miss Priss the Bumpster, would leave home if she didn't get her teaspoonn treat of tuna everyday.

the first, and last, time I have ever eaten caviar. It is the most revolting thing I have ever tasted and to think people will shell out large sums for it is mind-blowing.

Eth

I couldn't agree with you more. yucky.gif